two

"get out." louis demands immediately after. 

who does this harry guy think he is? comes in here, takes louis' clothes, drinks his tea, then lies straight to his face? he's probably just some homeless guy who needed shelter while it rained. louis' hospitality goes out the window.

"what? i'm not finished." harry protested. 

"i don't care, get out." louis seethes through his teeth. 

"i'm serious! i'm really from-"

"out." louis cuts harry off, pointing at the door. 

harry glances from louis and to the door multiple times, before offering louis the black book in his hands. 

"i don't want it; i want you out of my house." louis replies stubbornly, not taking the book which he had been offered. 

harry sighs, tossing the book to louis. if he's not going to take it, might as well throw it at him. 

"i know it sounds crazy! i do." harry pauses to inspect the face that louis makes when he sees himself on the cover of the book. it's amazed but frightened at the same time. "it's about your life. it's about you."

louis opens the book, but the pages are blank. when he shows harry the blank pages with a disgusted look on his face, harry is confused. he can see the words. 

"this is funny and all, but i think you need to leave." louis closes the book with, apparently, no words, and throws it back to harry. 

harry looks at the waterlogged pages, and is wondering why louis didn't read any of it. he's quite sad that the book got wet, and the pages are all wrinkled, but he doesn't get the reason that louis gave it back right away. 

"but, don't you see? this book is predicting your future. i know what happens, and i want to change the ending." harry insists.

"no, harry, i don't see. the book is fucking blank, for god's sake." louis sighs, shaking his head.

that's when harry realizes, louis can't read the book because it's his future. so, harry begins to read the first page aloud. 

louis stares at him with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. he's reading to louis what happened to him a few days prior. he bumped into this guy at tesco, and like, the guy was godly. his face was sculpted to perfection. anyway, as harry reads, louis recalls the situation. louis turned the corner without seeing if anyone was there, and boom, he ran into the raven-haired boy.

"so... you've been stalking me?" louis ponders, pointedly. 

"no! you see, in my universe, this guy named niall horan wrote this book about you... i read it and got so angry at the ending, then niall offered to send me here." harry explains, hopefully.

"and how did you get here?"

"i.. don't know. all i know is i'm here now."

"well, okay. if this almighty book tells my future, what's going to happen tomorrow?" louis asks, deadpan because he still doesn't believe the boy in front of him. 

"let's see..." harry flips a few pages, then points his finger to a paragraph. "you'll be seeing zayn again tomorrow." harry looks to louis, whose facial expression is skeptical. "zayn is the boy you ran into at tesco."

"okay, that could just be a wild guess. where will i see zayn?" louis asks, playing along with harry's little game, as louis views it.

"if i tell you, you won't go." harry pouts. 

"i will!" louis insists. unless, it's like, to a strip club or something. girls are not the object of louis' appreciation. (a gay strip club: plausible.)

"you'll be seeing him at the park. there's a festival, and i'm bringing you whether you like it or not." harry pauses. "zayn'll say, 'hey, we ran into each other at tesco! i'm sorry for not apologizing. by the way, i love your shoes.'

"that's such an average thing to say. even if i see him tomorrow--and his name is even zayn--it would be a coincidence that he'd say that to me." louis picks at his fingernails.

"fine. okay, it says next that zayn will ask to buy you food. then, you sit by the beach and eat." harry scans the book pages, looking for anything that will make louis believe him.

"you're zayn's friend, aren't you? like, he set you up to this... just so that he could see me again." louis reasons, as it's the only possible theory he has. the alternate universe thing isn't really cutting it. 

"no! to prove to you that i'm not from this universe... google me." harry demands. "harry edward styles."

louis obliges, taking his phone out and googling harry. there are results. "hmm, harry edward styles from rhode island, usa. harry edward styles from germany. harry edward styles from austria." 

"obviously i'm from england, because of the accent." harry points out. "i also don't know any german."

"um, okay. harry styles from yorkshire."

"i'm from cheshire." harry purses his lips, gnawing on them lightly. 

"there are none. you're lying about something." louis states.

"i am not! i'm from an alternate universe. trust me, okay?"

"i'm not trusting you. but, if zayn does those things tomorrow, i'll be... amazed. but, i still won't believe you."

"how could i make you believe me?" harry asks, looking down at the book. 

"umm.."

"wait. in three days, it's going to be pouring again, like today." harry says, waiting for a response from louis before continuing.

"it's always pouring here." 

"yeah, i know. but, you're going to get caught in the rain because your car breaks down. see, zayn works part-time at the mechanic. you'll walk to the closest mechanic... zayn's of course. he'll offer for you to stay with him 'til the rain slows, then he fixes your car." harry says, skimming the paragraphs on the page to sum it up for louis. 

"that's pretty specific..." louis responds, not believing a word that comes out of harry's mouth. "if that happens, sure. i'll believe you." he shrugs, knowing in his mind that the situation harry just described won't happen. 

"only time will tell."

-

if you were in louis' situation, how would you feel?