Gotta Stick Together-Caleb Holloway

Caleb's POV

I've only worked at the oil rig for less than three months and everyone calls me "Hollywood". Everyone except Y/N.

Y/F/N Y/L/N and I are the youngest on the rig, which always leads to us getting teased. A lot. It's not so bad. Y/N always turns it into a lighthearted joke. She's the only person who I liked spending time with. She's hardworking, smart, funny, easy to talk to, down to earth, and beautiful.

Even in a jumpsuit, covered in dirt and mud, she was the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Whenever I saw her across the room or walking towards me, my breath always got caught in my throat.

I stopped walking when I noticed some excess mud on one of the pipes. "That's weird," I mumbled. I glanced around and my eyes froze when I saw Y/N walking towards me, looking at something on the tablet in her hands.

I smiled when I noticed her hair beginning to slip out of her ponytail tucked under her hard hat. She suddenly looked up at me making my breath get caught in my throat as she smiled at me.

"Hey Caleb," she said as she walked towards me.

"Hi Y/N," I said trying not to sound like a stuttering idiot.

"How's life on the floor?" She asked with a small laugh.

"Oh you know," I shrugged. "Dirty, smelly, loud. The best."

My list made her laugh. "Well, you want a break?" She asked, her smile almost making me forget she asked me something. "I could actually really use your help with something."

"Yeah," I stuttered. "I'd love to help you." I cleared my throat and quickly added, "Plus, I could always go for a break."

"Great," she smiled. "Mike ordered me some more supplies and they came in this morning. But, of course, the loading crew left the boxes in the loading dock, completely unorganized. It's a disaster down there," she sighed annoyed. "So, I need someone with muscles to help me get all the boxes to my office and help me organize them."

I waited for her to continue but she didn't. I tilted my head, confused, when she laughed. "Can you help me?" She asked, slowly.

"Oh!" I said quickly when I caught on. "Yeah! Sure, I can definitely help you."

"Great," she said with a slight laugh. "Do you have time to do it now?"

"Totally!" I smiled.

"Cool," she smiled. "Follow me."

As we walked down the hallway, I couldn't think of anything to say to her. Every time I glanced at her, the butterflies in my stomach went crazy.

"Caleb?" She said softly, causing me to snap out of my daze. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I stuttered. "I was just. . . I'm fine."

"You sure?" She smiled, causing my stomach to do flips. "You've been abnormally quiet. Kinda like you're zoning out on me."

"Sorry," I said taking my hardhat off and running my hands through my hair as we walked down the hallway. "I umm. . . I've got a lot on my mind."

"Oh," she said under her breath as she stopped walking and turned towards me. I held my breath as she reached up and gently put her hand on my bicep.

"Everything okay?" She asked softly. "I mean, do you want to talk about it? I've been told I'm a pretty good listener," she said with a soft laugh. Her smile was contagious as she looked at me with soft eyes.

"I'm fine, Y/N. But thank you."

Her smile grew as she slowly took her hand off my bicep and continued walking towards the loading dock. I followed her, my arm still on fire from where she touched me.