Long-Lost Sibling Part 5-Thomas

Dedicated to ScorchedThomas2922

I woke up to the feeling of the sun shining on my face. I opened my eyes and instantly closed them when the light was too much. I tried to open my eyes again, this time slower. It took a second but my eyes finally adjusted to the light.

I glanced around the room, confused when I saw what looked to be a med hut. There were other cots lined up and a table with supplies.

I tried to remember how I got here, but it was all a blur. All I remembered was Minho finding me, running, getting shot, running, finding Thomas, running, jumping out of the window, landing in water, and more running.

I looked over when I heard soft snores coming from next to me. My eyes widened, instantly filling with tears when I saw Thomas asleep in the chair next to my cot. I weakly reached over, gently putting my hand on his knee. I smiled when he jumped awake.

"Y/N?" His eyes widened when they met mine.

Thomas instantly sat forward and slowly helped me sit up. The second I was sitting upright, he wrapped his arms around me. Silent tears streamed down my cheeks as he held me close to his chest, one hand on the back of my head as the other rubbed my back.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he pulled out of the hug and scanned my body? "How do you feel? They got you sewed up but said you lost a lot of blood. If you need, I can go get. . ."

"Thomas," I said, cutting him off. "I'm okay."

He looked at me, studying me for a second before sighing and pulling me back into a hug. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him. We sat like that, holding each other without saying anything. Finally, he broke the silence.

"I thought I was going to lose you," he whispered. He pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lingering on my cheek.

"You're not going to lose me," I reassured him as I reached up and grabbed his hand that was still on my cheek, pulling it away and putting both of our hands in my lap. I looked down as I intertwined our fingers.

"We aren't going to lose each other," I mumbled more to myself than to him.

He used his other hand to lift my chin so I was looking at him. "You're damn right," he said with a small laugh.

I smiled as he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead. When he pulled away, I looked around the room.

"Where are we?" I asked quietly. Thomas smiled at me as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"It's a safe haven," he explained. "Far away from WICKED."

"We're safe?" I asked slowly. Thomas chuckled as he pulled me back into his chest.

"Yep," he whispered in my ear. "We're safe."

* * * * *

That night, there was a big bonfire in memory of those we lost. I watched with tears in my eyes as person after person went up and carved the name of someone they lost on the rock.

My eyes widened as I watched Thomas walk up and start carving. It was then that I realized I hadn't seen Newt.

"Minho?" I whispered. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey, Y/N. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," I stuttered. I hesitated before deciding just to ask. "Minho, what happened to Newt?"

His breath got stuck in his throat when I said Newt's name. I was about to apologize and tell him never mind when he sighed.

"He was infected." My heart dropped. "He attacked Thomas, but Thomas didn't want to hurt him. Newt was trying to fight it but. . . Thomas didn't want to. . . Newt begged him. . . So, Thomas. . . pulled the trigger."

I looked over at Thomas, my heart sinking into my stomach. My eyes watered as I noticed how tense my brother's shoulders were. I gasped, my stomach suddenly sour when I thought of how tightly Thomas held me that morning, the tremble in his voice when he said he thought he was going to lose me. He really meant, he thought he was going to lose me too.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Minho put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him just in time to see him stand up and walk over to their friend, Gally.

"You okay?"

I looked over to see Thomas now standing in front of me. I chocked back a sob when I saw the dried tears on his cheeks. I jumped up and quickly wrapped my arms around Thomas, ignoring the throbbing in my side.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. Thomas sighed as he wrapped his arms around me, tightly squeezing me. He pulled out of the hug and reached up, catching a tear with his thumb.

"At least we're together."