Chapter 3

~◆~

♡I'm on the news?♡

~◆~

*Not edited

Sophia's Pov.

It was now 6 in the evening and I was almost home. As I approached my house, I say the lights on which means my parents are home. I opened the door and greeted them.
Mom looked hungry and so did dad and that means that there's no food in the house.

Taking off my shoes, I sat down in the living room with them"Did you get he job?" Mom asked turning on the TV.

"No but.......I got this " I said while showing them the fruits that the vendor gave me,and she snatched it from my hands before she began to eat like a pig.

"Save some for me too" dad said and the both digged into the bag eating everything, not even leaving any for me...

"How did you get the money?" Dad asked still while biting into his orange.

"I didn't" I replied as I began to feel very hungry. I haven't ate in three day...I only drank water to keep me living.

"Then how?" Mom asked raising her brown while wiping her mouth.

"I helped out an old man nd he gave me some fruits in return" I replied.

"How did you help him out?" Dad asked seriously. "Don't tell me you're whoring around now!"

"What? NO....he was struggling to get on the bus and I helped him on it. He was very grateful for that and gave me fruits in return" I lied. They won't believe me if I say the truth anyways.

"Are--"

"Breaking news, it appears that a mysterious girl had saved an old man from two men that was wanted by the police for a very long time. It was said that she sprayed on of them with perfume in the eyes and them hit the other one in his....." I shot my head toward the Tv.

They're talking about me?!

I'm on the news?!

I've never been on TV in my life yet and I'm so happy!!! But this can also get me in trouble...

"Now we're here with one of the witness, Lisa." The news reporter said introducing the woman.

"So tell me, what do you think of what you saw earlier?" The reported asked.

"Well I think the girl took a very big risk that I wouldn't take to save a stranger But she was brave enough to do that and I think we need more people like her in the society. I was surprised to see her beat up those two strong me" she replied.

"Well, You've just heard from one of the witness. We'll be right back after this Comercial break"

"Wow, a very brave young girl. Why can't you be more like her instead of running your useless self around, trying to get a job?" my dad asked still amused at the girl.