Chapter 19

Hope yall came prepare because this is a long a** chapter💞

Enjoy~

*Not edited

Sophia's Pov.

I was awaken by the sunlight shinning in my eyes. Looking over at my right, I saw an empty spot which mean Jacob is outside. So crawling out of the tent, I stretched my arms and legs before letting out a yarn and looking around my surrounding.

The sun was already raising in the east, giving the sky an orange colour mixed into the cold blue sky. The faint sound of birds chirping sweet melodies could be heard as they speads their wings and flew off looking for a morning snack to feed on.

The cool wind from last night continued to blew on my now warm skin and I shudder while covering my body again. The sound of the river's wave could be heard, since a river wasn't too far from where we were camping. Branches from the tress surrounding the camp was silently heard as the wind continue to blow by and fresh air hit my nostrils as I sigh in satisfaction.

Oh how I love nature!

Looking around, my eyes spotted a group of people sitting by the same campfire and I slowly walked towards them. "Mrs. Knight, you're finally up! Have a seat" Mr. Pearson greeted me and I said a 'good morning' before I sat down next to an empty seat on the log.

"Here you go" he said and handed me a plate with delicious food that we eat for breakfast and I thanked him before I began to eat.

"Everyone eat up! We're leaving in 20 minutes!" Another man announced as I continued to eat.

...

"do you guys have a bathroom here?" I asked Mr. Pearson. I wasn't too long done eating and really wanted to bathe.

"Ah yes! Just wait one minute" he responded to me before he spoke in his walkie talkie."Nicholas, can you come over here for me?"

"I'll be right over there sir" Nicholas respond over the walkie talkie and in a few minutes he was already over to us.

"Would you mind showing Mrs. Knight to the bathroom?" He asked Nicholas while looking at him.

"Um n-no problem...I---"

"Good. I'll be over there gathering everyone to get ready for our adventure. If there's any problem, come contact me right away" he cut Nicholas off before sending me another smile and left.

"So....umm, hi....again" he said nervously and I give him a genuine before responding.

"Hi..."

He send me a smile while he just stood their looking at me and I raised a brow at him. He seem to snap out of his daze as he quickly replied. "Umm....this way" he said as he pointed both of his index fingers to his right

I send him a light smile before I began to follow him. We walked in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up "So....how do you like here so far?"

"It's nice, the people are very welcoming and the food are amazing!" I responded while looking at him with at smile on my lips.

"That's...good.......so the food's amazing, huh?" He asked while looking to the ground. It's like he's shy or something.

"Yeah, it's really good. I wonder who cooked it..." I thought out loud. That person is really good.

"Well actually...." he began while scratching the back of his head and I looked at his surprised.

"You cooked it?" I asked while he looked down at the floor again before finally meeting my eyes.