Fifteen.

Fifteen.

"Hey Liv! Over here!" Someone calls my name, making my head snap to their location. A wide grin forces itself on my lips when I see Nathan, one of my best friends waving me over. He's leaning against the wall with a red solo cup in his hand. looking bored as hell.

"You look like you're over this." I lean against the wall next to him, making sure our arms touch.

"Where's Margaret and Kelly? Are they still coming?" He asks brashly. Looking up at him, I'm met with the weird look he gives me- half curious, half... dreading. This alone makes my eyebrows scrunch downward because they should have been here by now. I'm usually the last to arrive because I'm the youngest in our group. Plus, I had to convince my parent's Nathan was going to be here.

"They didn't make it yet?" Kelly always attends parties- well, the ones she deems as 'cool' or 'solid'.

He bites his lip while shaking his head. I watch him take a swig of whatever's in his cup before handing it to me.

"Well, they're missing the good part." I smirk while sipping the liquid from his cup. The awfully strong and bitter taste makes me grimace. It's clear what it is; Jack Daniels.

"No doubt about that." He laughs at my reaction then reaches for his cup. I hate being laughed at so I hold it closer.

With the cup to my parted lips, I guzzle down the rest of the beverage before throwing the cup down and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Whoa, slow down Liv. I don't want this to be too much for you," he speaks softly. He knows my parents trust him with my life.

"I'm not a lightweight so don't laugh at me. I just didn't realize it was JD." I cringe from the caustic taste on my tongue. I've had alcohol before, just red wine and fruity drinks.

"Sure." He grins at me with playful gray eyes. "If you're not a lightweight then prove it."

A round of cheers and applauds fill another part of the room, gaining our attention.

"Follow me." I say before pushing through crowds of dancing teenagers. The loud music blaring makes my ears throb but it's nothing compared to the small migraine threatening to creep up.

Once I'm in the kitchen I see two kegs being occupied by two girls. A blond and a brunette. They look a year or two older than me, considering I'm still fifteen. I watch in astonishement while they drink without even taking a breath. I don't know how they do it but I'm going to prove to Nathan that I'm not a lightweight.

More cheers and catcalls surround the air once they finish. With triumphant smiles, and beer dripping down their pretty faces, they high five each other. I watch them do their little hanshake before dancing into the living room. A few guys follow them but they ignore them. No doubt they're seniors.

"Who's next?"

I make my way over before my bodyguard, i.e Nathan, can stop me. I'm only here because my parents like him so I'm taking full advantage of this. I mean this is his party, afterall and if he can't handle me then he deserves whatever my parents dish him.

"I'll go too." He's now standing beside me.

Dammit. What is he doing? My eyes focus menacingly at him when he winks at me. From the way his tousled raven hair lays, scattered and still sexy, to the way his small dimples appear when his red lips part. I can see why most girls swoon over him.

Nathan wasn't built yet but he looked incredible for a sixteen year old junior in high school. No one believed he was the age he said he was.