Thirty Four

Thirty Four.

If I could use one word to describe this moment; one word to describe this feeling, there wouldn't be one. There are absolutely no words to form right now.

And as I stand face to face with Jacob Rhodes, completely absorbed in his alluring jade eyes, I can't help but hold more than a smile on my face. I'm finally reunited with my Jakey cakes. That alone holds a spark in my heart. A spark so strong that I know he feels it too.

"Did you hear me?" He brings me out of my bubble of happiness when he gently grabs my hand.

"Hell no," Batting my lashes, I form an innocent smile.

He laughs too, making a point to pull me closer. The way he uses his large hands to consume my waist fills my insides with warmth. Just being in his presence makes me forget every bad thing he has done.

"I'll call you tomorrow. Maybe I can give you a tour of the town and then hit up a movie after. " He smiles sweetly.

With my lips spread into a modest grin, I give him a playful nudge.

"Are you asking me on a date, Mr. Jakey Cakes?" I stop myself from pulling him in for a kiss.

"Depends. Are you saying yes, Olive?" He quips while conquering my hips.

The feeling of his warm hands on my body makes my heart race. And even though I feel a huge attraction to him, I can't make him think that all is well. I have to make him prove his love for me.

"Actually," My hands clutch his to subtly push them off.

With his head down, I notice a small frown. It's obvious he took the hint because his hands are now in his shorts pockets.

"I'm saying another time," It takes everything in me not to scream at myself. That sounded a bit harsher than expected.

"Okay then...I guess good things are worth waiting for,"

My eyes go up to his to read him. But instead of seeing what I expect to see- teasing, I see modest honesty. His jeweled eyes stun me to the point of silence. I'm speechless. I seriously was not expecting him to say that.

The small creak of the door opening keeps me silent. We're too captivated by each other.

"What the hell, Olivia? I'm your aunt not your big sister. It's two a.m and I told you to be home before twelve." She rubs the sleep from her eyes before crossing her lean arms. The daunting look in her caring eyes tells me she is serious. I guess aunt Casey don't play.

After hugging him goodbye, I went straight to my new room. All of my furniture is here, I just need to unpack. With an exasperated sigh, I make a decision to organize the cluttered boxes and disarrayed furniture. I know it's two in the morning and I should probably be preparing myself for slumber, but I just can't sleep. This needs to get done so I might as well get it over with now.

Pulling out my iPhone, I turn on Pandora. Hopefully blasting Ed Sheeran will keep me on task.

Oh, but how wrong I am. While I start unpacking I start singing until my lungs bleed. Like I've said before, I don't care if it's two in the morning. I'm happy, dammit.

While I'm setting up, I can't stop myself from thinking about Jake. I think about our conversation at the restaurant. He really apologized to me and meant it. And he said I was worth waiting for. Wow, this is a huge breakthrough for him, and I'm more than pleased.

After I told him about starting over he re-introduced himself, making me giggle. Once I smiled, he told me how pretty I looked, which made me blush even more.