Eighteen.

Eighteen.

The loud music vibrated off the walls and into the crowd of dancing teenagers. With my eyes closed, I let the music sink in the more I move. It's some party playlist the dj is spinning and everyone is enjoying it. 

The beat changes to a more upbeat pace, causing more people to flood into the already packed living room. We're all sweaty and close but I'm not complaining. Instead, I smile widely.

I've always loved music and dancing because freedoms of expression is improtant. In all honesty, anything dealing with the arts has always interested me. As my body moves in sync with the beat, I can feel myself  letting go. The more I dance the happier I become, that is, until I ram into someone's chest.

A rumbling laugh reverberates against me, forcing my eyes to trail upwards. I go from the cream colored shirt with the sleeves rolled up to full, smiling lips and tousled, black hair.

"Nathanieeelll!" I squeal happily. He's here, he actually came. "I'm soo, soo. sooo happy you came."

"It's my party, of course I'd be here." He laughs that heart stopping laugh while I continue dancing.

"Ready to go? Your parents wanted you home by eleven."

"Nooo! You'll neva take meh alivee." I slur my words as I head towards the stairs.

"Seriously lightweight, c'mon."

I hear him sigh and then I'm suddenly grabbed around my waist.

"Let goooo." I giggle while squirming. He has a vice grip around me and it's hard to move. I forgot how strong he is, even for a sixteen year old.

"Not until you sober up." He lifts me up and over his shoulder without much effort.

"But, I'ma not...even soberrrr." I laugh loudly to the point where I'm almost snorting. I've never been this wasted before. It feels weird, like my mind isn't in control of my body anymore. Every word I think in my head comes out differently when I say it out loud.

"Yeah, I know that...Now how am I going to get you home?" He mumbles before plopping us down on his bed.

Speaking without thinking, I quickly say,

"I can't stay here."

He grins at my drunkened state while shaking his head. His eyes smolder in a playful way, making him look even more tempting.

"Wat, you can get the floor." I giggle while kicking off my sandals.

Scooting up to his pillow, I inhale deeply before sighing with content. It smells like shampoo and detergent. Just like him.

"What the hell Liv? You can't kick me out of my own bed."

"I can't...and I just did." I mumble as I snuggle into his sheets. Warm and comforting unlike my bed at home. Cold and lonely.

I hear him sigh before laying beside me. I scoot back until I'm in the heart of his chest. With his arms wrapped around me, he snuggles closer, and then places his head in the crook of my neck.

"Nathan..." I speak quietly, debating on whether or not I should ask.

"Hmm."

"Is wat Kelly and Margrit said truth?"

During our sleepovers over the summer they would tell me about how much he likes me. How the whole, at the time, sophomore class knew about it except me, the little freshman. Now, Margaret and I are entering our sophomore year while Kelly and Nathan are going to be Juniors.