Eight: Boy Trouble

I think you're hot.

Gosh, I'm pathetic but those were the only words going through my head for the past few days. Cameron never elaborated but then again I never asked him to, all I know is that he thinks I'm hot - and sometimes uptight.

I refused to be one of those girls who ended up with a crush on someone just because they were nice one time. I didn't want to be the girl who crushed on just anyone; but Cameron isn't just anyone. And I'm not the girl who always gets a crush. I've had two in my entire life and one of them happened to be my boyfriend.

As much as I wanted to be different and not fall in front of Cameron after he flattered me, I could feel everything in me changing. The excitement to go to work so I could see him, wanting to look good so he didn't change his mind about me being hot, and thriving for more compliments from him.

Just like that I had a crush.

I wasn't exactly sure what made this situation worse, the fact that Cameron was twenty-five and unaware that I'm still in high school, or that I had a crush on my boss for complimenting me once. I truly am pathetic.

I attempted to move my thoughts elsewhere, making my way to the kitchen in hopes that someone had made breakfast. Hunger was an understatement and I desperately needed to drown my thoughts in food. Unfortunately for me, neither of my parents were around and there was no sign of fresh bacon sizzling on the stove top.

"Ugh," I groaned dramatically, knowing that my only chance now would be to make my own breakfast. Perhaps I had been spoiled, but my dad was literally the best cook when it came to breakfast.

I heard the front door closing and as though he had been reading my mind, my dad walked into the kitchen with my mom by his side, "Rough start to the morning?"

I looked at him, attempting to give puppy eyes as I pouted, "I was just really craving your eggs and bacon."

My dad chuckled, placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze, "You really are a suck up, aren't you Olly?"

"Honey, we've actually been quite busy this morning. But someone is waiting for you outside," My mom added to the conversation and my interest was suddenly peaked.

Who would be outside waiting for me? The only names that came to mind were Carter and Thea but my mom would have told me if it were one of them. I wasn't sure if I were curious or concerned but it didn't take me long to scurry towards the door.

Once I opened the door, I stepped onto my driveway to discover that there was in fact no one there waiting for me but instead a white car was sitting there, a red bow on top of the hood.

"What in god's name..."

"Consider this an early graduation gift," My dad once again answered my thoughts. He walked up to me from behind and continued to explain what was sitting in front of me, "Brand new, sweetheart. A 2018 Honda Accord."

I quickly turned to look at my parents who I thought had seriously lost their minds, "Are you guys insane? Brand new? This has to be at least $30,000."

"Your mother and I want to make sure that you have a reliable vehicle, Olly." My dad added, motioning towards the car, "We have been saving for your first car and I also called in a favor at the dealership, so I got a little bit of a deal."

I swear to god if I was getting punk'd right now I would lose it. This was an amazing surprise at best, but I didn't want to get excited if my parents were only joking around. The last thing I expected to wake up to this morning was a brand new car and for no reason at all. I still had months until graduation, so why now?