Twenty-Four: Hurt

My conversation with Carter didn't go nearly as planned, everything with him seemed to go in a circle, there was no end and eventually I would just lose him all together. I want for us to be able to be friends without him expecting anything but even after years of telling him it wouldn't happen, he's still relentless.

When my conversation with Carter went North, I became hesitant to talk to Thea because if she had something on her mind, she would tell me. I can't take more tension today, I've already been beating myself up about Cameron and how I'm going to tell him the truth.

At the end of the school day, I walk outside to the back parking lot and towards my car. As I approach close, I notice Roxy is standing there with er arms folded and before I even get a chance to ask her what she wants, she speaks.

"I knew this car looked familiar," She says to me, taking a step closer as she f urrows her eyebrows together, "You were at my brother's bar, weren't you?"

"You're going to have to be more specific," I respond, trying my best to seem normal when on the inside I'm screaming.

Roxy shakes her head, rolling her eyes at my response, "Cut the crap, Olivia. Cameron is my brother. I went to talk to him the other day but when I cut through the back parking lot I spotted your car. Of course there are plenty of cars like yours, so I followed my gut instinct and wrote your license plate number down."

Well, shit. I can't avoid that or make up a lie, my license plate is right here. The keys are in my hands, and I'm caught by Cameron's sister. I close my eyes momentarily and sigh in defeat, "Roxy, trust me when I tell you that there's so much more to this than you know. If you just give me a chance to explain..."

"That's why I'm here. I could assume a million things but I'd rather give you a chance to explain for yourself."

I'm stunned by her words, not having expected her to be so willing to hear me out but I refuse to let the opportunity fall flat. The hardest part is going to be the fact that she's Cameron's sister and if anyone would run to him and tell him the truth, it would be Roxy.

"Lets go for a drive," I say as I open the driver's door and sit down.

Roxy sits in the passenger's seat and as I turn the key in the ignition, she takes a deep breath, "I have a lot of questions, Olivia. I know it isn't my business but I also know Cameron a lot more than you do and there's things that you don't know about him either."

Doubtful.

I know Cameron, the good and the bad. The very bad, actually. I know his obnoxious and rude, I know he slept with tons of girls just for the fun of it and even now he knows how to get on my last nerve, there's nothing about him that could turn me away. What Roxy doesn't know is that in this relationship, I'm the one that's bad for Cameron and that may come as a surprise to her.

"I have a lot to own up to. There's things I haven't told him and it wasn't supposed to go on as far as it had," I tell her as I drive out of the school parking lot, "I didn't think that I would like him so much, especially at the beginning when he was nothing but a jerk, but... I started to get feelings for him and now everything is a mess."

Roxy stares at me as I speak and she seems stressed out by the situation but I'm not exactly sure why, "What things have you kept from him?"

"The biggest thing? My age... He thinks I'm 21."

"That isn't terrible. You're eighteen, so you are an adult in most cases," She adds.

I shake my head, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel as I mope my head in shame, "Not in the case of working in a bar."