Ten: The Things You Can't Unsee

My sleep was broken by the sound of water. Still in my sleep, I couldn't tell if it happened to be rain or a kitchen sink, however, the more I became alert the more I was aware of everything around me. I was laying in a bed, Cameron's bed. When I sat up straight, I had noticed for the first time that his room didn't have windows which would make sense that I didn't wake earlier. My phone read 10:34am and it didn't take long for me to realize that the sound of water had been coming from the bathroom. It was the shower.

It took me a moment to realize that it was a weekday and I had to be in school two hours ago.

"Oh my god..." was the only words that I could speak at the moment. There was no other way to put it - I was completely and utterly screwed. The list of missed called from my parents were a clear indication that I would not make it out of this alive.

This would be the beginning of the end. I was already planning ways I could possibly confess what I've been up to because I couldn't lie my way out of this one.

As the bathroom door opened, my eyes flickered in the direction to see a wet Cameron Wilder walking out with nothing but the towel that was held around his hips. It was swoon-worthy, really. I had forgotten for a moment that I would be dead by this afternoon.

"I didn't think you'd wake up, you sleep through everything." Was all he said, not commenting on the fact that he was practically naked in front of me.

"I shouldn't have been asleep to begin with," I responded, standing from his bed and running my fingers through my messy bed head, "I don't even remember feeling tired, I have to get to--"

Oh shit.

"Where do you need to be at 10:30 in the morning? Got another job?" Cameron chuckled as he walked to his dresser and carefully began to select his outfit for the day.

No, I have school. Of course I couldn't say that.

I shrugged my shoulders in attempt to seem casual about the whole thing, even though internally, I was freaking out, "I had messaged my friend to meet for brunch... Trying to fix all of those problems we have."

I moved my eyes away from Cameron while he changed because he clearly didn't have any care in the world about getting naked in front of me. The way I see it, is once you see your boss's junk you can't unsee it.

"I'm sorry for crashing on your bed unannounced," I continued, trying to look at anything other than what I was thriving to look at - the sexy man changing on the opposite side of the room, "I know it's completely unprofessional and after everything that happened last night I wouldn't blame you for letting me go."

"You're a very negative person," Cameron responded, his voice was even deeper in the morning after having rested all night. The deep tone took me off guard but caused me to shiver slightly in amusement.

"You're one to talk."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I turned around Cameron was standing with his jeans on, still shirtless, but more decent than a few minutes ago, "Go get changed, as much as I enjoy seeing you wearing only my t-shirt, your clothes are dried and you have somewhere to be."

He motioned towards my now cleaned clothes on the nightstand beside the bed and I only nodded before grabbing them and heading to the bathroom. It was strange being around Cameron, sometimes I felt far more comfortable than I could imagine and other times I felt like just standing near him was awkward. There was a fine line between both feelings and I couldn't figure out which one would stick.

After putting my clothes on, I made a face in the mirror to look at my teeth. I hated morning breath and the fact that I had no toothbrush made me feel disgusted to go out in public. Even if I could put some toothpaste on my finger it would be enough until I got home.