Thirteen: Just Admit It

"When I spoke to you twenty minutes ago, you assured me there was a room with two double beds available," Cameron began to argue with the girl at the front desk of a crumby motel he found on his phone.

After arriving only a few minutes ago, we were made aware that the only room left was a single double bed and things had become extremely awkward since. Cameron had made sure there were rooms with two beds available before the tow truck dropped us off here, and now it seemed like we were left with one bed only.

"Yes, sir. That is true, however, we have a first come, first serve policy and someone requested the room ten minutes ago," The girl attempted to explain but it was no good, Cameron was already irritated.

"Fucking ridiculous," Cameron muttered under his breath before tossing his debit card on the counter, "How about an extra cot, at least?"

The girl began to type on her computer and nodded her head in response, "Absolutely, sir. That will be an additional twenty dollars, plus tax on your bill."

"Mhm."

I looked at Cameron as he leaned his back against the desk while the girl began to charge his card, "You can take half from my pay cheque."

"No. It's fine, I'm just irritated about the bed situation," He admitted.

"I'll take the cot," I offered.

His eyebrow arched in amusement, "Princess gone rogue, huh?"

"I'm not a--"

"I'm taking the cot, so don't waste your breath," Cameron cut the conversation short before taking his card back from the receptionist and accepting the room key.

The receptionist smiled at him, "Someone will bring the cot within the next hour."

Cameron chuckled dryly, allowing his frustrations to be taken out on the girl, "Well, it's a good thing I didn't plan on sleeping now, huh?"

Without another word, he turned to the stairs and began to walk towards them. There was no elevator and our room was on the second floor but luckily it wasn't like we had any luggage dragging us down. The only thing dragging us down was Cameron's mood.

I often wondered if there was a time in his life when he smiled on a regular basis, but then I realized that I was kidding myself.

I followed Cameron to the motel room door and he unlocked it, pushing it open and flicking on the light switch as he walked inside. The room was small, a double bed in the middle and a door on the left hand side of the room that led to an even smaller bathroom.

"It isn't anything fancy, but it's just for the night," Cameron explained.

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly in response, "Who needs fancy?"

He only smirked at me before closing the door and pulling his white t-shirt over his head, "You can sleep in that, your outfit isn't something that looks comfortable to sleep in."

His t-shirt? It was like a moment from the movies when the hot guy gives his shirt for the girl to use as a night gown. But usually there's chemistry between those two people, or some kind of relationship - it would be weird if I wore Cameron's shirt, right? I had already done it once and if I hadn't been so emotional and tired, I probably would have found it odd that time also.

"Thanks..." I offered a smile and accepted his shirt, "How about we see what's on TV and watch a movie?"

Cameron arched an eyebrow in amusement and took a seat at the edge of the bed, "You're really going for this whole 'sleepover' idea, huh?"