Chapter 6: Married? Me?

I have decided not to say anything about the letter to anyone much less Professor Snape or the Headmaster. It is a prank some idiot pulled due to my friendship with Harry and Ron and besides it's not as big of a deal as what I'm dealing with now.

At the moment, I am more worried for Harry than anyone else with his always going at Draco during class I am disgusted to say it kindly by Draco as he boasts to everyone in the common room about how much a wimp Harry is.

Still, first-year Gryffindors only had Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Defence Against The Dark Arts and Astronomy with the Slytherins, so Harry didn't have to put up with Malfoy much.

Or at least, I thought he didn't until I spotted a notice pinned up in the Slytherin common room that made me groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday-and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

Just great.

----------------------------------------------

"Great! Just great!" Harry grumbles as we make our way onto the open field. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Draco."

It was a clear, breezy day, and the grass rippled under our feet as we marched down the sloping lawns toward a smooth, flat lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the forbidden forest, whose trees were swaying darkly in the distance. On the grass lay about twenty broomsticks, and almost all the other Slytherins were already there.

I am as usual last and only Slytherin walking in with the Gryffindors.

"You won't know how bad you are until you try," I murmur to Harry, walking over to the Slytherins, Draco tries to place his arm around my shoulder but I just move away as always.

Madam Hooch arrives. She has short, grey hair, and yellow eyes like a hawk. I think there's a medical name for that.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stands by a broom. Hurry up!"

Glancing down at my broom. It was old and some of the twigs stuck out at odd angles. "Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at the front, "and say 'Up!"

Taking a deep breath, I shout up and the broom immediately goes into my hand. Looking around, I see Harry's broom too had gone to his hand instantly.

Madam Hooch then showed us how to mount our brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting our grips. Harry and Ron had looks of delight when she told Draco who was next to me he'd been holding his broom wrong for years. Rolling my eyes, I feel the broom vibrate under my grip, feeling a pair of eyes on me, I look to the school building and see a figure clad in black, staring at me.

"Looks like, Snape decided to come and see me fly, "Draco says proudly. Professor Snape's eyes take in my appearance, his eyes scanning my body and suddenly the black shorts, green and white shirt and the knee-length socks with a single green stripe at the top make me feel scantily dressed.

Oh...

"Hope, you're as red as a tomato. You alright?" Draco asks, looking concerned at me. Swallowing the lump that has formed in my throat, I nod and turn my attention away from Professor Snape and to my broom.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle-three -two-"

Neville Longbottom being nervous and jumpy, and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.