Chapter 10: Aftermath and Christmas

It was enough. Up in the air, Harry is suddenly able to clamber back onto his broom.

Harry was suddenly speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was about to be sick -he hit the field on all fours -coughed-and something gold fell into his hand.

"I've got the Snitch!" he shouts, waving it above his head, and the game ended in complete confusion.

"He didn't catch it, he nearly swallowed it," the seventh year boy that was next to Professor Snape howls, but it made no difference...Harry hadn't broken any rules and Lee Jordan, the commentator, was still happily shouting the results.

Gryffindor had won by one hundred and seventy points to sixty.

However, I hadn't heard any of this until I went back into the Slytherin common room later that evening.

I was being carried into Professor Snape's chambers while all this was being announced.

"What do you think you're doing?" Professor Snape growls, planting me on my feet inside his bedroom just a few feet away from his bed. "What if someone overheard you?"

"What happened to your leg?" I ask him back, crossing my arms over my chest defiantly. "Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me?"

Gripping my shoulders, he places his face just centimetres away from mine as he demands lowly, "Answer me first."

"No, you answer me first," I whisper, eyeing his lips that are as close as they'll ever get to me. "I've been asking you questions since you were limping but you never answered. So, until you answer..."

"Dumbledore's dog bit my leg," He answers quickly, staring into my eyes. "Yes, I was ignoring you because I could feel your worry for me and it was unsettling. You didn't do anything wrong. Yes, I am currently blasting furiously at you."

Dumbledore's dog...does he mean the three-headed one? How is my worry for him unsettling? Don't married couples care for each other?

"I wasn't thinking when I confronted you in the stands," I mumble, looking away for him. "I just panicked when I saw Harry's broom jerking and you mumbling stuff and...I thought you were cursing my friend...I..."

Pulling me into an embrace for the second time since I've known him, I find myself trying and failing to wrap my arms around his waist.

"You are so adorable when you overthink things," He says into the top of my head. "Do you think me daft enough to kill Harry Potter in broad daylight?"

"You aren't the fondest of him," I mumble into his chest, hiding the creeping heat on my cheeks from his previous words. "You think I'm adorable?"

"Don't expect me to repeat it, love," He murmurs darkly, releasing me as I've shocked him with a taser.

Little do I know what Harry would come to tell me after breakfast the next day.

"So yeah," Harry concludes what Hagrid told him. "All we know now is Snape is trying to get whatever it is the Fluffy's guarding for Professor Dumbledore and this person called Nicolas Flamel."

"Harry, that's ridiculous," I argue as we make our way to the Transfiguration classroom. "Professor Snape is part of the teaching staff, he isn't the kind to do something like that."

Tilting his head to the side at my words, Ron chips in, "Funny you'd say that. Hagrid said the exact same thing yesterday."

"Whatever it is," Hermione sighs as we enter the classroom. "We should look into who is Nicolas Flamel. I am after all curious at what needs to be guraded by a three headed dog in a school full of children."