Chapter 18: Heat

Come Saturday morning, Harry, Ron and Hermione seem to have had it with the baby dragon and to be honest, so have I. For one, on Friday, the 'baby' as Hagrid calls the dragon had bitten Fang's tail. Now that crossed a line with me. Fang is the world's most loveable dog and yet that 'baby' that Hagrid is in his eyes 'taking care of' just goes and bites his tail to make it worse, Hagrid tied him(Fang) outside his hut. 

To make matters worse, there was Draco who seemed to be utterly convinced about the dragon being moved the next day and he had been threatening to tell Professor McGonagall but being the coward he is his excuse is he hasn't found the time. However, I did take the time to goad him into doing so on the pretence that the dragon in question did not exist.

After I brought it up to Harry later that night, I found out the reason for his confidence was Ron had gone to see Madam Pomfrey the day after we made the plan as he had gotten bit by the dragon on the same day and the bite had turned green and Draco had seen and taken Charlie's letter. 

"I can't believe you guys didn't tell me that Ron was in the hospital wing," I grumble, glaring at both Hermione and Harry as we wait for Ron to appear.

"Well, you are in a different house and all so it made getting the message to you a little tough," Harry defends, groaning aloud when Hermione whacks the back of his head.

"We'll let you know next time," She offers in an attempt to make me feel better.

Just as I am about to reply, all three of us freeze in place as Peeves floats past our hiding spot by the Great Hall. He stays here for a while playing tennisagainst the wall before he vanishes through the wall just above Harry's head and then Ron shows up.

"Alright so as discussed Ron and I will be under the invisibility cloak with Norbert," Harry reminds us as we make our way from the Great Hall at exactly eleven-forty. "Hermione will keep watch as we head up the tower and Vic will give us the all-clear when we're leaving the tower."

Breaking away from the three of them, I hide in the shadows of the stairs near the Astronomy tower. It feels like the minutes pass by super slowly as I look out for signs of anyone. As midnight crept closer and there was no sign or sound of Harry, Ron Hermione and the baby dragon, I started to get restless, pacing up and down in the shadows but then out of nowhere, I heard footsteps. Cautiously eyeing my surroundings, I hold my breath as I wait for the owner of the footsteps to appear but to no avail. Instead, the sounds of the footsteps got louder and then faded away.

Oh, it must be the three of them under the cloak, I think to myself as I settle back into the shadows, looking out for anyone else to appear.

A scream reaches my lips when a pair of strong arms grab me from behind, a large hand covers my mouth as I struggle in my captor's hold. Whoever has their arms around me quickly drags me away from the Astronomy tower and towards the dungeons. I have only one guess who it is when my captor pulls me into the Potions classroom.

Severus...

Releasing me once we're in his living room, I turn around to face him straight on, thousands of alibis and stories rushing around my head as his onyx eyes stare back at me in a furious rage. My mouth dries considerably as neither of us makes a move to say anything and I feel horrible for it.

"Severus..."I begin carefully, taking a step towards him with my hand outstretched to touch his shoulder. 

"What were you thinking?" He hisses, catching my hand in his before I can touch him. "Sneaking around at near one in the morning?"

The contact of his skin on mine has my stomach flaring up in unexplained heat and to say it surprises me is an understatement since he lets go of my hand as though it were an open flame with his mouth open in shock.

Gasping from the rising heat, I step back to put more distance between us as if the distance will do anything to lessen the heat but it backfires because the heat only intensifies. My eyes look at him helplessly and I gasp audibly when I find him breathing deeply with his eyes closed as if in pain.

"It's hot," I rasp, taking a seat on the floor as my legs give out under me from the heat in my stomach. "It's very hot, Severus. What's going on?"

Immediately his eyes shoot open to look at me at the sound of my voice and a small squeak leaves my lips at the sight of the heated look of longing in his eyes as he takes in my appearance. I shiver at the feel of his eyes on my skin despite not displaying much with my favourite, button-down, long-sleeved, lucky cloud pyjamas.

Raising his wand, Severus casts a silent spell and a majestic panther emerges in a burst of light from the tip of his wand. For a moment I forget about the heat in my stomach as I admire the conjured animal, however, the distraction doesn't last long.

"Something is wrong with Toria and me," He gasps to the animal, panting heavily. "Get over here right now!"

The panther runs through the ceiling once Severus finishes his message and by the time Professor Dumbledore steps through the first place, I have the top three buttons of my nightshirt open and my night pants are discarded somewhere in the hopes of reducing the heat. Severus is no better since he only has his underwear on and the two of us are on the floor, sweating and panting.

"Pro-hah-fessor Dumble-hah-dore..."I pant heavily watching as the headmaster rushes over to Severus. 

After a long moment of low conversation, Severus roars, "SHE'S ONLY A CHILD!"

Straining to hear what Professor Dumbledore says in response all I hear is a broken sentence, "...no other way...you must...her body...yours...bond...life..."

Once he's said his part, Professor Dumbledore picks me up off of the floor and places me near Severus who groans lowly once the headmaster leaves through the fireplace. For a moment the only sound in the room is the sound of our heavy, laboured breaths.

"Lie...down..."Severus pants, pushing down gently on my shoulder. 

Doing as he says, I gasp loudly when he moves his body over mine and his hand cups the side of my neck gently, sending electric sparks through the part where his hand is touching me to the rest of my body to my toes.

"I'll explain...everything...in the morning," He rasps, lowering his head such that he is now very close to me. "For now...trust me?"

Moving my head up and down quickly, his nose rubs against mine intimately and his responding smile to my response to his words light a fire in my heart. My eyes flutter to a close when his lips meet mine gently.

Fully expecting him to pull away from me like he did the first time, I still slightly when he makes no move to do so. Pressing his mouth to mine harder, I gasp when his hand that isn't on my neck slides into my nightshirt, touching my bare skin.

Slipping his tongue into my opened mouth, my eyes spring open in shock and I somehow find the strength in me to squirm at the unfamiliar feeling of his tongue massaging against mine, mixing our saliva such that I have no idea whose saliva is slipping down my throat.

A muffled grunt escapes him as I shift slightly underneath him though I can't be sure if the moan came from him or me. Pulling away to let me breathe, Severus looks at me for a moment, his usually emotionless eyes full of pain and what looks to be pity.

"Let's not do this on the floor," he exhales, scooping me up into his arms as he stands, walking towards his bedroom.