Chapter 8: Ignoring. Reconciling. Making Friends.

For weeks on end, I began to have nightmares of the three-headed dog eating me alive and I like Hemione have absolutely refused to speak to Harry or Ron. It was much to Draco's surprise and anger to see Harry and Ron at breakfast the next morning which convinced me further that they had indeed played Harry and Ron. Shortly after which he had to visit Madam Pomfrey in the infirmary for a horrible rash that appeared all over his body.

The weeks fly by rather quickly since the night I left Professor Snape's rooms and he hasn't spoken or treated me any differently than before, meaning he is still ignoring me. The only thing that you could count as a difference is that I haven't heard his voice in my head for a while now. Unsure whether or not I liked the silence, I tried to find out more about the spell that bound us together but I couldn't find such a spell in any of the books I've read in the library so far.

Time passed quickly between the days and the weekends and before long Halloween was upon me and on Halloween morning everyone in Hogwarts woke to the delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the corridors. A delicious smell that made my tummy grumble in appreciation.

To make things better, Professor Flitwick announced in Charms that he thought that we are ready to start making objects fly, something all of us have been dying to try since we'd seen him make Neville's toad zoom around the classroom as an example of what charms can do.

Professor Flitwick put the class into pairs to practice. Harry's partner was Seamus Finnigan (who was Neville's partner during our first potions class). Ron, however, was to be working with Hermione. It was hard to tell whether Ron or Hermione was angrier about this since she like I haven't spoken to either of the boys since encountering the dog. 

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practising!" squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual.

"Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too -- never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

It was proving to be very difficult. Harry and Seamus swished and flicked, but the feather they were supposed to be sending skyward just lay on the desktop. Seamus got so impatient that he prodded it with his wand and set fire to it, Harry had to put it out with his hat. Ron, at the next table, wasn't having much more luck.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" he shouted, waving his long arms like a windmill.

"You're saying it wrong," I hear Hermione snap. "It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-O-sa, not Levi-o-SA"

"You do it, then, if you're so clever," Ron snarled, obviously irritated at my best friend.

Hermione rolled up the sleeves of her gown, flicked her wand, and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

The feather rose off the desk and hovered about four feet above our heads.

"Oh, well done!" cried Professor Flitwick, clapping. "Everyone sees here, Miss Granger's done it!"

Ron ended up in a very bad mood at the end of class. "It's no wonder no one can stand her," he said to Harry with me eavesdropping behind. "She's a nightmare, honestly. "

That's so mean of him!

Someone knocks into Harry as he or she hurried past him. It was Hermione. Catching a glimpse of her face, I see tears in her eyes. "I think she heard you," I murmur, the first words I've said to them in weeks as I run after Hermione.

I end up following her to the third-floor girl's bathroom, Hermione locks herself in one of the cubicles crying her heart out while I stand there trying to calm her down as I used to in primary school.