I Seem To Miss The Missing Part

*Miki*

I made my way to the interview room that Greg had told me Holly was in and turned to Catherine, who was waiting outside of the door.

"You know what? I've never done this before." I confessed. “I’ve watched and sat in, but never done this myself.”

"Don't worry. Just follow the evidence you've found with the questions that you want to know the answers to." Catherine smiled.

"Can I chicken out if I want to?" I’d rather not, but with my tired state, I didn’t know if my brain would cooperate and come up with the appropriate questions.

"If you feel that way when you're in there, yes. I’ll be just out here if you need me."

I took the file from her manicured hands and took a deep breath.

"Oh, Greg should be passing with a Starbucks for me.”

"I’ll send it in." Catherine laughed softly.

I took a deep breath, turned the door handle and stepped inside the room. Holly was twiddling her thumbs but looked up as I entered.

"What is it you want to tell me but not the others?" I asked, taking a seat, placing the manila folder down gently in front of me.

"They can still hear us." She said in a whisper.

"No they can't. These rooms are soundproof." I lied.

"It doesn't matter anyway now; it was just something stupid and teenage." She waved her hand as if to wave away the questions.

"'Stupid and teenage' may be the one thing we need to find Daniel's killer." I said softly.

"Will Dwain find out about this?"

"No. Everything you tell me is in confidentiality."

"It's stupid really, but the night Danny...died, he came to the club early and I was still working, I was on the five to six slot. Dwain wasn't meeting us until nine when his parents went for a meal and he could get out of the house, without being questioned. I was messing around with Danny, like friends do, and, we ended up just fooling around in my dressing room. Danny’s always been a little flirty, but I knew he was doing it all innocently. Dancing gives me an adrenaline rush though and before I knew what I was doing, I had Danny against the wall and my tongue down his throat. He didn't resist and soon things began to get out of hand. My sister Katie, she works behind the bar of the club early on in the evening and then dances later on, well, she came in to tell me that Dwain had arrived. I told Danny it was a mistake and he agreed adding that Dwain had been his best friend for years. Katie wasn't happy about it at all. She never liked Danny, called him 'trailer trash' all the time." Holly said as tears rolled down her face. I didn’t know whether it was sorrow or guilt though.

"What about after that? Where were you the rest of the night?"

"After I left my dressing room I joined Danny and Dwain at the bar. We watched Katie's dance slot and then Danny said he was going the toilet. When he didn't come back we thought he had just left and after what had happened in the dressing room, I just figured he needed to clear his head. It was only when we were cutting down the alley back home did we find him." I pushed some water across to the young girl, who looked like she was on the verge of hyperventilation.

"So, only your sister knew about you and Danny?" I asked her gently, not wanting to judge.

She nodded.

"Does your sister have access to your dressing room?"

"She shares it with me. I've only just started working at the club and there's no free dressing rooms so Katie let me have hers whilst she was behind the bar working." She smiled painfully. “It beats using the bathrooms.”