hAT oF tHOUGHTS

The group of five made their way off the train. Chatting about the best cards they had ever gotten from chocolate frogs.

The group was still reeling from discovering that had been chatting THE Harry Potter. Once they got over their shock they bombarded him with questions.

Only Neville noticed Harry’s change in mood. Going from gleeful to panicked. Harry hid it well, but Neville knew.

So, returning the favor from he had saved him from the bushy-haired girl, he asked about chocolate frogs.

The group's discussion took a turn as Susan and Draco argued over which candy was better, sugar quills or caramel cobwebs.

Harry shot his new friend a smile as he lead the group down to where a large man was yelling for first years.

Once they got closer, Harry saw the man largeness. Wondering about the stranger's ancestry he walked up to him.

“Hello, I'm Harry,” he said as he shot his hand up to reach the  tall man

“Hello Harry,” the large man said as he shook said child's hand, “I'm Haggard, the groundskeeper here,”

Stepping into the boat he sat next to Neville across from Susan and Hanna. Only four could fit into a boa, and Draco volunteered to ride a different boat.

Something about making pure-blooded alliances that could last millennia. Harry didn't really know or care what he was talking about but was just happy that his friends were all happy.

As the boats drifted along a set path the castle came into view. The view was absolutely breathtaking. The sun was setting behind the old castle. Century-old brickwork standing strong against the test of time. Windows let out warm glows, giving off a feeling of warmth and life.

The magical castle only held his attention for a few seconds before his trained ears heard the sound.

It was the sound of life, a heartbeat of millions loving together in harmony. It was the sound of a forest.

The tall trees shield the inhabitants from weary eyes that wish them harm. Oh, how Harry wanted to jump out and met all its interesting inhabitants.

Soon the boats came to a stop, they were greeted by a stern looking woman. Her gray hair in a tight bun and glasses sat atop her nose as she looked over the small set of eleven-year-olds.

The group of five was now a group of seven, somehow Draco brought over two more. Two buff kids stood at his side, and Draco seemed to not notice them.

Sauna rolled her eyes when she saw the two. “Really Draco, do you need them as a security blanket or something?”

“Well miss, Bones, Draco started then continued with a monotone voice,” These two are here to save me if someone decides that they will vanquish the death eater spawn,”

That simple sentence seemed to make everyone uncomfortable. It was no secret that his father was widely  ‘known’ as a death eater. The fact that he had to worry about something like that, well no one ever thought of that.

Harry never really feel as he were in the position to judge other on only hearsay. As he was an outcast for a large portion of his life because of it.

Soon the first years made their way inside the castle, they came into a large hall. Harry could feel the magic buzzing around as hundreds of kids sat at four different tables talking to friends.

The eleven-year-olds looked around in wonder when suddenly an old hat came to life and began to sing.
"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.