cLASSES aND a nEW fRIEND

Harry woke up in a different bed, that was blatantly obvious. He, in his life, had never slept in such a comfortable bed.

It felt like sleeping on a cloud, or maybe on a waterbed. Harry had no grounds to debunk his theory, so he just assumed it was true. For now, he let his thoughts wander as he dragged himself out of bed.

The cold air outside of his blanket attacked him. He reacted with a small frown at the lack of warmth.

His roommate was also awake as he was collecting his shower items.

They only spared each other a glance as they got ready.

Harry got his untameable hair into a somewhat decent state. Getting into his robes and figuring out how to tie his tie. Oh, how he wished he could wear sweatpants instead.

After an hour, the two were waiting to be escorted to breakfast. Harry found this to be the perfect moment to get to know his roommate.

“Harry Potter,” he said as he offered his hand

Is roommate, looked at him for a second before accepting the hand.

“Goldstein,” he paused lips twitching ever so slightly, “Anthony Goldstein,”

Harry couldn't find it in himself to keep the smile off as he asked, “You like movies?”

“Why wouldn't I?” the other boy asked good-naturedly

“Most wizards try to avoid anything muggle,”

“Most,” he said as the perfect came down.

“Most,” Harry agreed as they began their walk to breakfast.

Harry and his fellow first-year Ravens followed the female perfect to the great hall. On the way, she pointed out where certain classrooms where. As well as bathrooms and what clubs there were as well as s their meeting places.

As they sat down at their table Harry began to look around. The hall was the same as it was the night before, but Harry started to notice some patterns.

Every table, save the head table, had each year grouped together, and no one sat at another table.

Anthony had sat by an older Ravenclaw, not by him.

Harry was beginning to regret letting the hat decided. He knew no one in his house, they were all strangers to him, save Anthony. He had only talked to a few but the conversations were too short or were cut off by The-Boy-Who-Lived questions/fanning.

Harry longingly sent hidden glances at the Hufflepuff table. Neville, Susan, and Hannah were talking to each other fondly.other members of their house joining in naturally.

Even Draco and some other Slytherins were talking. Mostly about boring politics, but talking nonetheless.

The Gryffindors were placing bets on a fight.

Soon breakfast was in full swing and everyone was eating their fill. The head of houses came down and gave out the timetables.

Today he had Charms, history, herbology, then defence against the dark arts.

The lull of voices soon picked up the volume as students began to compare timetables.

“What's yours say Harry?” the girl from dinner asked, something with an M.

Man, he was NOT a names guy.

“We all have the same schedule as its the same for all first years,” commented  Anthony.

“That's cool,” said another boy as he finished off his pumpkin juice, Bot or something similar.

The conversation turned to the subject they were most excited for when one of the perfects called them to go to charms.