vOICES oF fRIENDS aND fOES

Harry sat in his spot. In one of the far corners of the library, next to the restricted section. He began pulling out the books he needed. It seemed he had all of his books, save, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.

He pouted as he needed the book. Harry was certain they had bought it. But he didn’t have the book, so why complain?

Quickly getting out a piece of parchment, he began to write.

Dear Mooney,

I seem to have misplaced “One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.” I was positive we bought it, even more, that we packed it. Alas, I am left without the book.

Could you get it for me? I'll use the library's copy, but having my own would be so much better.

Thanks again your loving sun,
Harry James

Stifling a laugh at the small pun, Harry signed his name. He left off his last name, as wizards would often steal the letter before the werewolf could read it.

It wouldn't be the first time a letter was lost due to his name being on it. Some wizards tried to discover his whereabouts via his mail. It was positively annoying.

Getting up from his chair he made his way to the Herbology section.

After a few minutes, he found the book. Grabbing the book he felt the magic around him stir ever so slightly.

Someone set off a prank, or a seventh year was trying out a powerful spell. Shrugging it off, Harry took the book back to his normal seat.

Unbeknownst to him, Harry had just disturbed some powerful magic. In the highest tower (by two feet, they counted) two pairs of identical brown eyes met. Identical smirks made everyone around them take a step back.

Harry was on the fifth chapter when he felt a presence behind him. Two to be exact.

“What ‘cha-” the first one started, then an identical, but different voice continued, “reading?”

Turning he saw two older boys leaning on his chair looking at the book he was reading. Confused, he marked his place and showed the two the cover.

His forehead scrunched up in thought, where had he seen these two before?

“Why Forge-”
“Yes, Gred?”
“As our cute,” one poked his scrunched nose, “little friend here-”
“Has taken our book-”

“It's in the library, therefore public property,”

“Our oh so-”
“oh so-”
“very needed book,”
“Why it makes me wonder-”
“Why does-”
“he not-”
“have his-”
“Very own?”

“I forgot it when I was school shopping,” Harry answered the question as he tried to continue his book.

“Or were-”
“you distracted by-”
“an icky red-headed
“firsty?”

Harry's eyes lit up. That's where he knew these two from, Does's bookstore. It was as if the red sea was there.

“You mean your brother Ron?”

The two lit up like Christmas lights. Harry suddenly felt as if he made a very grave mistake.

《\\》

Harry rushed through the hallways of the ancient school. He had just finished defense, and some instinct told him to hurry back to the common room.

After seeing the two redheads on his way to harass Quirrel with the snakes, he had begun to be wary. It became full blown when he stepped out of the classroom and saw them waiting.