NINETEEN

Zane didn't get home until one in the morning. Of course everyone was sleep except for Ziyanna and Beatrix. She had been blowing his phone up nonstop.

"We hanging up in people's face now?" Beatrix asked with arms folded. "Zane we need to talk because the way I'm feeling right now ain't right."

"Let's talk tomorrow morning," he said lowly while taking off his clothes. "Right now, I'm tired."

"I probably won't be here come Saturday morning," she said. "Now let's talk."

"What is it?" Zane asked lazily as he got inside the shower.

"I don't think I'm ready to be your wife anymore," she said in a hurt tone. "I feel like a ghost since I seen you. You got so used to me being unresponsive, you can live without me."

He looked down at her and sighed. "You think that's the right thing to do?"

She let out a chuckle as tears formed in her eyes. "Oh you asking me? Then yeah, motherfucker! I think that's the best thing to do."

She took her engagement ring off and slammed it on the counter. Zane furrowed his eyebrows and quickly turned the shower off. He wrapped his lower half and went back in his room.

"Stop packing," he said wrapping his veiny arms around her waist. He placed a gentle kiss on her neck to make her calm down. "Put the ring back on, baby."

She had angry tears strolling down her cheeks. "No! You don't have time to love me and I don't have time to follow behind you ass. Fuck putting my dreams on hold,  I can't believe I'm even putting up with this."

Zane was done being Mr. nice guy, he snatched her Louis Vuitton suitcase and started putting her clothes back in the dresser. "Hell no! The fuck you mean, B! I love the fuck out you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have took you everywhere getting different treatments, I wouldn't have visit you every day, or cry for the guilt of not protecting you."

He took a pause to rub his waves forward. "I'm tired, Beatrix! You still think you're nineteen, all this damn pouting."

"You still think I'm in a coma!" She exclaimed. "I would've thought you would be adoring me but I guess work got your attention."

"I gotta make a living for you and the kids," he said lowly rubbing his temples.

"You don't have to make shit for me," she said with an attitude. "I can get a bag on my own and this housewife bullshit ain't for me. What I look like?"

"Can I go to sleep now?" He asked holding his hands out.

"Can I leave now?" She shot back. "This house ain't no home."

"Fine, leave!" He snapped waving her off. She scoffed and picked her suitcases up and started putting her clothes back inside her suitcase while Zane talked shit.

"And you ain't getting one of my cars!" Zane told off. "How about you walk yo ass to the damn bus stop?"

"Don't need to," she shrugged, going down the steps. "I gotta ride."

He put a pair of joggers on and made his way downstairs. "Who the hell you getting a ride from?"

"Shut the fuck up talking to me," she mumbled while leaving. "It's a little too late to worry about me. It's clear that work is more important than I am. Take care."

•••

Ziyanna had heard the heated conversation between her mother and father. When she saw her father sitting on the patio smoking that morning, she quickly made it out and sat beside him.