19

Nick

I stared at myself in the mirror not really happy with my outfit but it had to do.

My therapist insisted that I go on a double date with with him, his wife, and some "mystery" man. There's nothing I hate more than a blind date. That shit never turns out well.

This is his way of trying to get me to put Taymor behind me.

Then they want to go to the carnival. I absolutely hate carnivals. Too many people in one tiny space. Then the workers be stuck up. Ugh. I don't have the time or patience.

The only good thing about carnivals are the funnel cakes and lemonade, that's it.

I guess I'll just see how my night turns out though.

I sat down on my bed and scrolled through Instagram. A notification popped up:

iMessage
Therapist 🧘🏾‍♂️

I clicked on it

Therapist🧘🏾‍♂️:
We're outside

I clicked my screen off and sighed. It shouldn't be that bad right?

I grabbed my stuff and made my way outside to his truck and got in.

"Hey Nick" my therapist said smiling at me

"Hi" I said dryly

"This is my wife" he said pointing to her like I've never met her before . She was in the drivers seat. I gave a small smile and a wave.

"And that's Dimitri" he pointed to the guy sitting next to me that I didn't even see at first. Damn I need to get glasses

"Wassup" he said smiling

"Hi" I said lowly

I caught myself staring at him before turning towards the window. He was fine asf.

I could tell by the way he was sitting he stood about a good 6'2. He completely towered over my lil ass. I'm only 5'6.

He was a nice milk chocolate skin tone. Nice teeth. His lips looked suckable. Hell he looked suckable.

"Aye you good?" He said snapping me outta my thought

Was I staring at him?

"Yea you was. Kinda drooling a little too" he chuckled

Damn I said that out loud

I turned away quickly feeling my face immediately turn hot. Damn that was embarrassing. He probably think imma fucking drooling creep now.

——

"A carnival isn't a carnival without a little alcohol" my therapists wife said pulling a bottle of Hennessy from under her seat with 4 cups with lids.

"Henny my favorite" Dimitri said rubbing his hands together licking his lips

"I don't drink" I said

"Oh come on. For the one time it'll make this night so much better" My therapist said

I shook my head