Chapter 1

• Dedicated to All the wonderful people that read and supported my last story <3

"I'm gonna get you!" he shouts and runs after her. She giggles and lets him catch her, so that he can lift her up and spin her around in the air. I laugh. He puts her up onto his shoulders and starts jogging towards me. She is grasping his blond hair that looks like gold in the sunset. Her hair is identical to mine, and shines in the evening light. Peeta leans down to give me a kiss.

"Daddy! Ewww!" she exclaims and we break away. He lifts her down and kisses her hair. She rolls her eyes. "Can we continue?" she says with a cute voice, sounding impatient. She is so cute. I love her so much.

"No, sweetie, I'm gonna hang out with Mommy for a while now. You can go and climb trees. Just don't climb up too high." he says. She rolls her eyes again. "Just be careful Ive!" he shouts after her as she runs towards the nearest tree. He sits down beside me in the grass. We are in the Meadow, we come here pretty often in the evenings.

"She's growing fast." I say, and Peeta lifts me up and places me in his lap. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Soon she'll be a young girl and start school, and then a teenager, and then almost grown-up, and then..." he stops and swallows hard. I know he hates the thought of her growing up. But I see no point in being worried already. She's only four years after all. I kiss his cheek and start stroking his hair.

"Peeta, she's only four. She's practically just been born." I say and laugh. He smiles and kisses me.

"Yeah. I know that." he says, and lays down on the ground, I snuggle into his shirt and he puts his arms around me protectively. Then we hear small feet thumping against the ground. She didn't climb for long. Or maybe she did. My sense of time isn't the best.

"Mommy, could we go home? I'm hungry." she says, sitting on my thighs and tugging my shirt. I sit up, but Peeta stays on the ground.

"Sure. You just need to get your Dad up from there." I say, starting to pull his arms. He doesn't move. I know that if he doesn't want to move, it'll be impossible to get him up from there without anyone else's help. I'm not strong enough to resist him. In any way. I smile.

"I'll get him, I'm strong!" Ivy exclaims and takes Peeta's hand. She pulls once, and he gets up. "I told you!" she says to me. Then she turns to Peeta. "Daddy, I'm stronger than Mommy, even if she's a grown-up!" Peeta laughs and hugs her tight.

"You're my supergirl." he says, and kisses her cheek. She smiles and starts pulling us towards the fence. It's still there to keep the predators away, but a gate has been installed. Many years ago.

"What happened to me being your supergirl?" I tell Peeta playfully.

"Well, I guess she's the new one, since she just proved she's stronger than you." he says with a huge grin.

"Oh, you're going to pay..." I say with a low voice, so that Ivy doesn't hear.

"Am I? I can't wait." he says, because he knows how I make him pay. I shake the thought away and return to Ivy. Peeta picks her up and starts sprinting towards the Victor's Village. She giggles in delight. She loves when he plays with her. I seriously couldn't have found a better father for my child. Or a husband. Or a lover. He's perfect. More than perfect actually, I really don't deserve him. And although he's been trying to tell me otherwise, he hasn't changed my mind. He is, has always been and will always be the better person of us. I sprint after him. When I get inside, he is already making us sandwiches. Ivy is trying to help him, she's got pretty good at it. I mean for a four year old. I sit down on the couch and relax for a moment. Then Ivy and Peeta come up to me with a plate full of sandwiches. We sit down together on the couch, almost on top of each other. I am sitting with my legs across Peeta's, and Ivy is sort of sitting on top. We eat till we are stuffed and then Peeta walks to put the leftovers in the fridge. He returns, and we watch TV for a while. I braid Ivy's hair whilst we do that. Then, I feel someone touching my hair as well. Peeta starts braiding my hair too. Now we look like a monkey family. We are done at the same time, and then Peeta gives me a kiss. Ivy yawns.

"Sweetie, how about going to bed." I propose. Ivy nods and gets up into my arms. I lift her up and carry her up to the bathroom next to her room. I brush her teeth, even though she insists on doing it herself, and then she tells me she can dress herself. When she is done, we walk into her bedroom. We switched the crib for a children's bed about a year ago, and after that she has been thinking she's a big girl. Peeta is already sitting in the rocker. I walk Ivy to her bed and she tells us to tell her a story. We tell her one about a princess in a tower. Her eyelids get heavy in the end, so we tell her we'll tell the end tomorrow. But she won't sleep until she's got her lullaby. Every night, I sing the Valley song for her. Peeta won't miss a single time, so he always comes around to listen. I begin, stroking Ivy's long, dark hair.

Deep in the Meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes

And when they open, the sun will rise

Here is safe, and here is warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here the dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

When I finish the first verse, she is already asleep. I kiss her forehead gently and whisper "I love you" to her. When I turn around, I see that Peeta is standing right behind me. He smiles and puts his arms around me.

"So, you said you were gonna make me pay?" Peeta whispers. I roll my eyes.

"Not here! You seriously can't wait, can you?" I say, pulling him to our bedroom.

"Of course I can't. It would offend you if I said I could wait, wouldn't it?" I smile at him. Oh, he really can be hilarious if her wants to.

"Well, it would be a miracle if you said that. And I can't wait either." I say, pulling him to the bed.

"Why is this the way you punish me? I'm not suffering." he says, while placing his hands carefully on my waist.

"Because it pleases me. And I don't want to hurt you." I say. He pulls on that seductive face and says with a matching voice:

"Well, we don't want to waste the night with this do we?" he says. Oh, now I really am screwed. He knows very well I can't resist him when he's being seductive. So I give in. Immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so what did you think? I tried to make it as good as possible :) Vote, fan and comment XD