Chapter 8

I wake up when I feel someone touching me. When I open my eyes, I see that I surely am lying in our bed, and it is Peeta who touches me. He is trying to release me from my sweaty and dirty clothes, I think that they got thrown in the lake yesterday at some point, so the water made them feel a little filthy. When he sees that I woke up, he looks at me with an apologizing look.

"Sorry that I woke you up, I just wanted you to feel more comfortable." he says. I smile and stroke his cheek.

"Yesterday was amazing." I say and he takes my hand and puts it on his lips. Like he did in the cave. I don't think he is thinking of reliving the moment in the cave, I honestly think he did this spontaneously.

"You were absolutely amazing." he says and I can feel his warm breath on my fingers. He presses his lips against them and then traces his lips down my arm. I get goosebumps. Then, I get a weird feeling. I feel like throwing up, so I quickly get up from bed and lean over the toilet in the bathroom. Peeta is there holding my hair back, and when it stops I clean my mouth and look at him. He looks serious.

"It could just be some stomach flu, we were kissing in a muddy pond the whole afternoon yesterday, I could've caught some bug." I say. But I still suspect and hope for what we've been trying for.

"Let's just test it." he says and walks over to the cupboard on the wall. He hands me a pregnancy test and I sigh.

"What if it's negative?" I say. He puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Then we'll just try some more." he says and strokes my chin.

"But what if there's something wrong with me and I can't have a child? What if-" Peeta cuts me off.

"There won't be. You already were pregnant once and you haven't had any serious injuries since then. Test it, and if it's negative we can take care of that later." he says. That makes me calm down a little, and I step towards the toilet. I do the test, Peeta rubbing my back all the time to make me calm. When it's ready, I wait for it to progress and then I hear a beep. I open my eyes quickly, I want to have this over with. I stare at the word POSITIVE. First, I can't even think. Then, a happiness overwhelming hits me. I see that Peeta is staring at the word too.

"We're gonna have a baby." he says with big eyes. I look into them.

"We're gonna have a baby!" he says and hugs me tight. In the middle of the hug I start laughing uncontrollably. He breaks away and starts to laugh too.

"Peeta, we're gonna have a baby!" I say between giggles and he spins me around in the air. Then, he kisses me with a passion that is not only filled with love, but with excitement. We are both as happy to give Ivy a little brother or sister. Ivy! We've got to tell her!

"Peeta, we gotta tell Ivy." I say and stop laughing. He nods and swoops me up in his arms and starts running towards the house Gale & company are staying. When we reach the front door and Peeta knocks, he kisses me quickly and I start to giggle again. Marylee opens the door. Gale is right behind her.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" he says and puts an arm around Marylee's waist. They look a little shocked about how me and Peeta showed up outside their front door. I still am wearing the clothes from yesterday.

"We have to talk to Ivy, now!" I say with an urgency in my voice that Moms only use when looking for their children. Gale nods and they step aside. It looks like Ivy is playing some board game with Ryker. Peeta runs up to her and scoops her up with one of his hands, while he is also holding me. I don't get how he does it, but soon we all are on our front lawn, Peeta holding my waist and Ivy sitting across to us. She is frowning.

"Why did you take me away from the game? I was about to win." she says and crosses her arms. She does it totally wrong so I laugh and lift her up to put her in my lap. I put my arms around her.