Chapter 3

"Mommy! Mommy! Breakfast is ready!" Ivy yells after she has ran inside and started jumping on the bed. I have just laid here for about half an hour, not doing anything.

"Alright, alright, I'll come. Let me dress first." I say, and Ivy runs out of the room. I get up and dress in an old t-shirt of Peeta's and some old worn out shorts. I really don't care right now. I walk downstairs and am greeted by Ivy. She hugs my legs.

"Mommy, Daddy's making pancakes!" she says. I stroke her forehead.

"That's great, sweetie." I reply, and she runs to the kitchen table. Then I see Peeta. I walk up to him and put my arms around his middle-section.

"You got up, after all. I never thought you would." he says without turning around. I kiss his neck, and walk to sit next to Ivy at the table.

"Oh, no. You really thought you could kiss me and walk away?" he says. I shrug my shoulders.

"I didn't think anything." I say, without turning around. Peeta walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses my neck and walks away.

"Oh, no. You really thought you could kiss me and walk away?" I say with the same tone he used when he said the same thing. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I didn't think anything." he says. I roll my eyes, but run up to him and kiss him on the lips, long enough for him to be enough satisfied. We break away. He frowns.

"Just one more." he says, and kisses me again.

"Would you two just stop and give me a pancake?" Ivy yells. We break away.

"Sure, sweetie." Peeta says and puts a pancake on a plate. He places it in front of Ivy on the table and makes us two portions too. We sit down and eat, and Ivy tells us about some dream she had. It was a good dream, about her getting all the candy and sweets she wanted. Then, she asks a surprising question.

"Mommy, can I have a little sister?" she asks, frowning. First, I don't know what to say. Then, Peeta speaks up.

"Why would you like a little sister, Ivy?" he asks. Ivy answers almost immediately, as if she would have been thinking of this for a long time. Maybe she has.

"Because I want a friend to play with." she says. I stare at the table."Mommy, the girls in town all have baby sisters and they have SO much fun!" she says with a jealousy in her voice. I let out a sigh, but it is barely noticeable. Peeta notices, though. He takes my hand under the table.

"Ivy, we will have to talk about this, me and Mommy, and we can't promise anything yet. It is a big thing to get a baby." Peeta tells Ivy carefully. "What if we leave you to play with Uncle Haymitch?" he suggests. Ivy lights up.

"UNCLE HAYMITCH, UNCLE HAYMITCH!" she yells, and Peeta gets up to call him. He finishes the call about a minute later, and tells us Haymitch is awake and not drunk, so he will go and drop Ivy off now. He gives me a quick kiss and then walks away with Ivy. I sit at the table until he comes back, my hands on my temples. When Peeta comes inside, I get up and start crying into his shirt. He rubs my back and walks to the couch.

"Shh, honey, what is it?" he says with a worried voice. I shrug my shoulders, but answer:

"I-I don't know... I sort of feel guilty about Ivy being alone, because I am scared of having another kid." I say with a trembling voice. He soothes me and continues to rub my back.

"But honey, you handled your first pregnancy perfectly, you know there's nothing to be scared about." he says carefully.

"I-I k-know, but if I have only one child to look after, it is much easier than handling a four year old and a newborn baby. I'm getting scared again." I say, but those words leave me with a guilty feeling. I only think of myself again. Both Peeta and Ivy would be delighted to have another child, and I somehow know that I would be too, when he or she was born. But I just couldn't...

"Okay. But you know that when the baby was born, you would be just as happy about it as you were last time." he says, and hugs me tight. I bury my face in his shirt again, but the tears have stopped flowing. I think about Peeta's face when I tell him I am pregnant again, and then Ivy's. I think about how they will look when I am holding the baby in my arms. I think about four of us, enjoying the sunset in the Meadow. I think of us four sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast. Then, I realise. I realise I have nothing to be afraid of. Another child won't bring anything but happiness. I look up at Peeta.

"Peeta." I say.

"Yes, Katniss?" he asks, still looking worried.

"Peeta, I want to have another child." I say, bluntly. His eyes widen and he frowns.

"Do you mean it?" he asks. This must be more than he was hoping for.

"Yes. I am totally sure. I want to have another baby." I say, and then Peeta is standing up, pulling me up with him. I don't want to spoil this precious moment by being sad, so I smile. I actually am happy. He kisses me with such passion I am knocked off my feet. He grabs my legs and puts them around his waist. We kiss intensely for a long time, and when we break away, he says:

"When should we tell Ivy?" he asks, excited.

"I say now." I tell him, and he runs out through the door, still carrying me. When we have knocked on Haymitch's door and we are waiting for him to answer it, he says:

"I love you, Katniss. Ivy will be so excited."

"Yes she will. And I love you too." I reply. Then Haymitch opens the door.