Chapter 10

It's now been another two weeks since Peeta and I decided to try again. So practicallly we've been trying for two weeks now. I wake up when it is almost noon, I had a long sleep tonight. When I turn to the other side of the bed, I see that Peeta is still there, reading the book we made after the war was over. I don't know who he is reading about, though. When he sees that I am awake, he puts the book down and leans down to kiss me.

"Hey." he says and smiles. "How did you sleep this long?"

"I don't know. I just did." I respond and kiss his jaw quickly, because that's the only thing I can reach in lying position. I can see that he hasn't gotten dressed yet, and I wonder why. Then, I come to think of Ivy. Shouldn't she have woken up by now? I decide to ask Peeta.

"Where's Ivy?" I ask him.

"Oh, she came here about an hour ago and I told her she could go and watch a movie and take what she wanted from the fridge." he tells me. I raise my eyebrows because of the 'you can take anything you want from the fridge' -part and he quickly defends himself.

"She really begged, you know, it wasn't my idea." he says with an innocent look. I kiss him.

"It's okay, I know you can't resist her when she is wearing her puppy dog face." I say and wink at him. He gapes at me.

"Hey, she can really enchant you. It's like magic, I can't help it!" he defends and I laugh.

"Well, I can." I say, peck him on the lips and get out of bed. Then, a really dizzy feeling hits me. I am forced to sit down on the bed again, and I lift my hand up to my forehead. I feel Peeta's warm palm on my bare waist.

"What is it?" he asks with a worried voice and comes closer. I sigh and look down.

"I don't know, I just felt dizzy and had to sit down. I'm sure it's okay." I say and try to get up again. It goes pretty well so I start walking to the bathroom, but before I can open the door I feel Peeta's hand on my hip and he brushes his lips over my neck. This makes me shiver. Especially the fact that we are both naked.

"Are you sure that you don't need help? You may fall on the tiles and hurt yourself, and I would never forgive myself for letting that happen when I was in the room next door." he whispers in my ear and I take deep breaths. He's setting me on fire right now, and he knows that. I could push him down on the bed any moment, but he doesn't stop. He just stands there, tempting me and waiting for my answer. I hate when he does this to me. Or in a way I love it, but he just does those little things to turn me on and then stops in a while, not going anywhere. So I just answer to make him either stop or go on.

"Okay, you can join me, if that's what you want." I say and he walks around me to face me, and kisses me once. He walks into the bathroom and turns the shower on. Then, I can't take it anymore, so I run after him to the shower and attack him. I start kissing him everywhere, and this doesn't belong to the things I usually do, so he gets pretty surprised. But he lets me work my magic and when I'm done with exploring his body with my lips, he sighs and opens his eyes. He's been letting out moans periodically, and now he looks like he is in heaven. I smile. The shower is still on.

"Katniss, why did you do that?" he moans and looks at me. It doesn't sound like he didn't want me to do it, quite the opposite.

"I couldn't help myself. And you deserved it." I say and smile. He smiles too, and before I know it he's giving me the same treatment as I gave him just five seconds ago. I don't think he knows how good this feels. To let him know, I moan every time something feels especially good, and grasp his hair when I almost feel too much pleasure. He finishes by kissing my forehead, he's been tracing almost every inch of me with his lips. Then, we kiss, and I grab his hands and put them over my breasts. I gasp at how tender they feel. He breaks away and looks at me, trying to take his hands away, but I don't let him.

"I'm sorry, I just thought I hurt you." he says and I shake my head.

"You didn't, I didn't feel any pain at all." I tell him, and he goes on carefully. I hold his hands against my chest tightly, but he doesn't try to take them away anymore. Fifteen minutes later we are drenched, and he is holding me tightly against the wall. We are both breathless, so we decide we've have enough fun and go to dress and check on Ivy. We dress in some casual clothes and walk downstairs, finding Ivy in front of the TV, watching some show made for kids. She doesn't look like she knows anything about our experience in the bathroom a few minutes ago, so we relax. Peeta makes some breakfast, or it would be lunch by now. I eat thankfully, but we don't exchange many words. When I've eaten, I start to feel sick, so I run to the sink and throw up into it. Peeta is at my side, rubbing my back, since my hair is braided. When I'm done I wash the sink and clean it, and then I turn to Peeta. He looks worried. Then we start putting things together. My dizziness this morning. My breasts being more tender than usual. Throwing up without a reason. Wait a second. I put my finger up, needing more time. Then, I walk up to the bathroom, I hear Peeta follow me. I take a pregnancy test. This is the last one we have, so if it's negative we'll have to buy some more. But I know it won't be. Peeta stands at the door, and I know he's thinking the same as I am. I take the test over the toilet, I'm quite used to it by now. I let it progress and hear a beep. I look at it. P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E. Positive. Positive. I have to repeat it to myself a few times before it reaches my consciousness. I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant with Peeta's baby. We have made another beautiful baby together. This makes me feel so happy. I feel Peeta touch my shoulder, and I know he has seen the word. I turn around and smile at him.

"We're gonna have a baby." he says and hugs me. I feel so thankful towards the love of my life. He has helped me create not just one child, but two. I wouldn't have them if he wouldn't be here. We hug for a moment, feeling incredibly happy. But then, the fear hits me. I don't know what triggered it, but I just feel really scared. Scared that my baby will die before he or she is safe. That my children will be taken away from me as happened with Prim. Now, I feel almost like I used to feel when I had came back from the Capitol. Scared, worried and lonely. Fortunately, I'm not lonely, I have Peeta beside me. I let a silent tear fall and Peeta's happy face turns sad. Oh, no, now I ruined this again. I always start crying when he is especially happy, and then he starts pitying me. He picks me up and carries me to the bed. He places me in his lap and I curl up against him. grasping his shirt and crying until I'm dry. He rubs my back and whispers soothing words in my ear, and I stop after a while.

"I'm so sorry." I say when I have calmed down. He smiles a little and kisses my forehead.

"It's okay. You know I do this because I love you, and because I will always be there for you. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm fine." he says.

"I'll never deserve you." I say and sigh.

"You know, I really don't want to have this conversation, you know that's not true and that I will say that I don't deserve you, so let's just say we both deserve each other, okay?" he says. I laugh.

"Okay." I say and he lifts me up.

"Shall we tell Ivy?" he says. "She will be super excited." he says. I nod, and he almost runs downstairs to Ivy, still sitting on the floor in front of the TV.

"Ivy, Mommy and Daddy have something to tell you." Peeta says with an excited voice. Ivy turns around. I smile.

"Ivy, Mommy has a little sister or brother for you in her tummy." I say and the next thing I know, is Ivy jumping around, screaming in delight.