Wandless Magic

Draco's P.O.V
I couldn't wait for tonight. 2am with Potter was the only time I laughed openly or acted more like my true self. It was crazy, but he was really good company. Even after all I've put him and his best friends through, somehow he still tries to spend time with me.

I don't know if he'd consider us friends. But I'd certainly say we weren't enemies anymore. The only flaw in this was that I was beginning to feel a little tired. Losing hours of sleep wasn't helping, but I had no other way to escape the nightmares.

Using dreamless sleep potion was almost worse. I tried it for a week once and although I didn't wake once, at the end of the week I couldn't concentrate or even hold a conversation.

In the end I gave up and decided to just have a few hours of sleep and stay up the rest of the night. I know it wasn't the best idea but I just resorted to taking naps on the weekend. But now there was no hesitation about what I was going to do about my nightmares. Staying up with Potter who went through the exact same thing every night. I liked it more than I cared to admit.

After dinner I strolled back to the dungeons, I smiled as I thought I only had a few more hours left to wait. I was only a few minutes away from the portrait that led to the Slytherin common rooms when someone grabbed my collar from behind.

I was dragged into an empty corridor and as I looked around me I saw 5 other students. I quickly grabbed my wand and held it out but they all just looked at each other and mirrored the action.

3 of them were Gryffindors and the other 2 were Ravenclaws. They stood around me with their wands out, looking at me. I was about to just head back through the door I was pulled though but I heard one of them whisper a spell and felt a sharp pain on my arm.

One of the Gryffindors cast a shallow cutting spell and aimed it at me. I had no idea what their problem was but I wasn't enjoying this in the slightest. No one hurts me and gets away with it.

"What's your problem?" I shout, addressing all of them.

"You're the problem here, Malfoy." A ravenclaw replied.

"Great, now we've established that, I'll be on my way." I said back, rather angrily.

I reached for the door knob and one of them tried to send another shallow cutting spell my way. But after that first attempt, I was alert and deflected it without even looking at them.

I walked out of the door and felt rather pleased with my self for sorting that out. Until I heard one of them shout 'expelliarmus'.

My wand was pulled out of my hand and into the hand of the Ravenclaw who pocketed it. All five of them came up to me and somehow dragged me back to that corridor. Only this time I had no form of defence.

I was fuming that I didn't realise they'd catch me off guard. Now they had the upper hand. Again lost in my thoughts, led the 5 students to take advantage of my lack of attention and they locked the doors.

I promised myself I wouldn't lose it, that I wouldn't get so furious that I can't think straight. After all, I knew more dark magic than all of them combined and I wouldn't hesitate trying a few spells on them if it really was necessary.

It shocked me that these students seemed to be 5th or maybe even 6th years. It turns out it's not only me who was interested in the dark arts at this age. Only, I loved learning about the dark arts for the knowledge. Not for using it on others like many people expected of me.

Anyway without my wand that was useless. There was still a few hours left and I didn't want to skip tonight with Potter because of a few pesky 6th years.