All Was Well

3rd person P.O.V
-------------------------------------
10 years after the war
-------------------------------------
Harry and Draco Malfoy-Potter. It was their 4th year anniversary. Their wedding was one for the ages, Draco of course went all out. Everyone was more than happy for them to be to together. Neither had their parents, but at least they were in it together. It truly was the happiest day of their lives.

Young Teddy was the ring bearer and honestly couldn't have done a better job. Harry and Draco bought their first home together, on the brink of wizarding world. After a few months, Teddy joined them too. Andromeda used to visit every week till she too passed away. Luckily she hung on long enough to witness their wedding but after that, she was gone.

A lot happens in ten years, but Harry and Draco got through it all. They still had the ability to change into each other but truly never needed it (besides when they were trying to cheer up a certain metamorphmagus). Harry had tried auror training with Ron but couldn't do it, the memories prevent him. Ron stayed on and became one of the best auror's known and Hermione was well on her way as Minister.

Another talent they had was Draco's wandless magic. Draco had practiced druomg his post-hogwarts days as much as he could. As of now he was able to use it almost whenever he needed he still needed an emotion to be running higher than the others, but he had way more control that 8th year. He had a special connection with the plants around their house.

Harry tasted his endlessly that Draco, the 'Fierce Slytherin Prince' had a magical connection with his soulmate and with flowers. (Draco blushed when Harry called them soulmates)

When Draco was happy (like the when Teddy got his Hogwarts letter, or his wedding) the flowers would bloom, making the house look incredibly vibrant. When he was angry the petals would fall off and Teddy and Harry knew they'd need to give him a little space (just so his magic didn't explode and crack a window). When he was sad, the flowers would wilt and die.

It was easiest to control when Draco was feeling happy or determined. He didn't know that'd be during class. It turns out he loved teaching almost as much as Harry did. He started off a little impatient but came to enjoy his work. It was helpful having the ability to do wandless magic because of the amount of potions gone wrong that spilt, or when that one person couldn't chop their ingredients it was sorted in a second.

Both Draco and Harry had enough money combined to live a perfect life without working, but it's not what they wanted. Harry got an offer to be the Hogwarts Defence against the dark arts teacher. He'd never really thought about accepting the offer till Draco also got an offer to be the Potions Master.

When Teddy got his Hogwarts letter, they knew it was just what they needed to do. All three of them went shopping at Diagon Alley together. The whole time Harry and Draco We're bickering over the house they thought Teddy would be in. Each had chosen their own houses.

Harry was certain it'd be Gryffindor and Draco certain it'd be Slytheirn. But deep down, Teddy knew it was neither. He admired the bravery of Gryffindors and the bravery of Harry and Remus (Harry had told him how he died a hero). He also admired the determination of Slytherins like Draco. But he felt most attached to the stories of his mother.

A hufflepuff, kind at heart. But also a prankster, a fighter, a brave woman who didn't have to be in Gryffindor or Slytherin to show these traits. He knew from the first time he heard these stories, he'd be like both of his parents. A hufflepuff and metamorphmagus like his mum, and a brave person and prankster like his father.

The smile that appeared because of this thought stayed with Teddy the whole time. Soon enough, Draco, Harry and Teddy were getting ready to run at the wall to get to platform 9 and 3/4. Harry and Draco had the option to sit with Teddy during the train ride but decided against it, they knew that it was time for Teddy to make his own friends. After all, Harry met Ron and Hermione on that very train.

Needless to say, he made many friends with his magic ability of being a metamorphmagus, but also he was one of the kindest children on that train. When they reached Hogwarts, Draco and Harry took their places at the teachers table and watched during the sorting, waiting on edge for Teddy to come up.

When he did come up, Teddy had the brightest smile on his face and kept his hair black. After the sorting hat announced Hufflepuff, he gleamed even brighter and changed his hair to a shade of Hufflepuff yellow.

He was a perfect student. On the outside at least. Teddy was after all, a mix of the most impressive pranksters ever to walk the halls of Hogwarts. Everyone suspected that the scarily impressive pranks happening almost every few days, were caused by Teddy. Yet no one ever caught him. He also had the perfect grades and most charming smile to convince any teacher he was innocent.

2 years later, when Teddy's smile became brighter after he saw Victoire Weasley, his dads were the first to notice. They teased him endlessly but were almost as happy as him when they started dating. For a long time, everything might've not been perfect. But it was better than anything Harry or Draco could ever wish for.

Both of them never ever got tired of their lives. Or of the constant fake gagging when students caught them sneaking in a quick kiss- or more. There were bad days, but the good days overruled them all. Hogwarts was their home.

The many scars Harry and Draco had etched on to their skin were still there, but weren't a reminder of darker days. They were a reminder of the days that were long gone. Days of a distant past and a faint memory.

Even Draco's dark mark and Harry's lighting scar hadn't pained either of them for years, all was well.

-- The End --

Thank you all for reading! This was my first story and I can't believe it got this far. I'll be making another story after this called 'The Slytherin Wolf" check it out! See you soon :)

firelesssdragon ♡