The First Step

3rd Person P.O.V
Draco was frantically preparing ingredients and giving precise instructions to Harry. Harry almost regretted looking at Draco instead of focusing before. Almost regretted.

His own words kept replaying in his mind. "I'm not into guys, and definately not into Draco Malfoy". But if that was true, why couldn't he forget him? Why wouldn't Draco ever leave his mind?

"Potter? Potter!" Draco shouted, waving a hand infront of Harry's face to catch his attention.

"What?" Harry asked, realising he wasn't listening to Draco's latest string of instructions.

"Sopophorous beans. Now!" Draco said, one hand stirring the potion and the other outstretched waiting for Harry to pass the beans.

Draco returned to counting the number of times he stirred the potion and somehow managed to engage in conversation while still counting.

"Potter what on Earth is up with you?"

"Nothing, just tired."

"More nightmares?" Draco asked, his voice turning soft and only loud enough for Harry to hear.

"Yeah, then there's all the rumours too."

"Tell me about it. All the Slytherins have heard too."

"What and they believe them?" Harry asked, shocked that Draco was going through the same trouble.

Pansy turned and smiled again after hearing Harry's question. It hadn't been long since she'd apologized and now she was becoming good friends with Draco. After all, it took a lot of hidden courage for a Slytherin to apologize.

"I'm guessing Pansy believes the rumours too." Harry said after Pansy turned back to her potion.

Blaise, who wasn't that far away, turned from Neville to me and Draco.

"He's been obsessed with you since first year Harry." He shouted, making him on the receiving end of another one of Draco's death glares.

He was however joined in his taunting by Ron. Both of them seemed delighted they knew how to get under our skin, and Ron even put his Slytherin rivalry to the side.

Both of them kept shouting things like 'you never stop talking about him' or 'you're always staring at him'. Which of course made the class begin to voice their own thoughts.

"Your potions should be ready soon. When you are done, bring them to me so I can grade them." Slughorn announced.

Draco finished the potion within a few seconds after Slughorn spoke. He'd done most the work, but Harry was happy that he'd get a good grade. He hadn't been top of the class since 6th year.

They got an outstanding and were told to take a seat till the end of the lesson. Much to Draco's dismay, Pansy and Hermione were graded soon after and they came towards both the boys. 

"Nice to see you're both getting along." Pansy smiled.

"Pansy I've told you, those rumours aren't true." Draco said, noticing her point.

"So you weren't in the Gryffindor common room?"

"Shut it."

"Sure, you're boring anyway." She drawled, smiling to show she wasn't serious.

Draco turned to Harry, glad to have some peace and quiet.

"So Potter, what's the Weaselette's opinion on all of this?"

"Don't call her that, her name's Ginny and uh- it's complicated." Harry confessed, his eyes darting from Draco's face to the floor.

"Really?" Draco said. Harry looked up to find a rather smug expression on Draco's face.