Slayer in the Cafeteria

It was time for food, the Slayer however, doesn't eat. During class VEGA managed to gauge the distance the Slayer could be within Ruby without tether interference. It was approximately 30 metres.

As team RWBY walked to the mess hall discussing the days events the Slayer followed behind, occasionally someone would look behind to check if he was still there. Most seemed hesitant to talk to the silent figure in green armour except Ruby, but she was too busy talking to Yang to bring about a conversation with him. Not that he minded, he preferred it like this.

As they reached the cafeteria and walked through the doors the Doomslayer remained outside, he should be within tether range unless they sat on the far side of the hall, which they didn't.

He stood waiting patiently for them to finish but before long he was called over.

"Doomy Gloomy!" Ruby called out, he peeked through the doors to see her motioning him over.

Doomy... Gloomy..? Why the fuck is that my nickname?.. Oh.

He obliged, not like he had much else to do.

The table was long and along it sat many familiar faces from last night.

(I could describe them all but I'm assuming since you're reading this you already know what they all look like, so I'll only describe a little.)

He walked over, Yang said: "Well he seems fair enough, he hasn't killed any of us yet and he seems pretty interesting."

Weiss just looked away.

Seems someone doesn't like me.

Some of the others reluctantly agreed while others were fine regardless.

"We should introduce ourselves. I'm Pyrrha Nikos, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." The one with Emerald eyes and Hazelnut hair spoke, she wore a peculiar set of armour.

They went along their respective row.

"I'm Juane, hi.." The disheartened blonde boy from last night said.

"I'm Nora, hello!" A cheery girl with bright blue eyes said.

"Ren." The boy in the Chinese outfit said, the last in the row.

There was an extra seat at the end of the table, adjacent to Ruby and Pyrrha. The Slayer sat and Pyrrha spoke up again. "So, what is your name?"

VEGA responded. "Hello! I am VEGA, a sentient intelligence assigned to Mars. Pleasure to meet you all"

"Ugh, I've heard that way too many times" Weiss replied.

Before Pyrrha could say something Ruby spoke up. "He.. doesn't remember his name."

The table fell silent.

"Rest assured, this fact does not bother the Slayer. For now you can call him one of his many titles: 'The Unchained Predator, Hellwalker, The Doomslayer, or the Scourge of Hell." VEGA suggested.

Nora spoke up this time. "Hey, why're you called those?"

Ruby screamed at her: "No! Do NOT ask him that, please. I don't want to see that again."

Everyone looked at her confused and before she could tell them why the Slayer told VEGA to show them the recording.

Might as well have some fun.

"Playing Recording 27c."

Another hologram popped up, the same one that was first shown to Ruby. She simply sighed and closed her eyes. "I warned you guys."