Trouble at the Docks

We've been walking for a few hours now, I am fucking sick of this shit.

"So, Ruby. Who is your green friend that has been following us?" Penny asked.

Wait what the actual fuck you only just noticed me?

"Oh him? He's Jones. Kinda showed up out of nowhere and kills things." Ruby answered, her mind seemed set on finding her friend though.

Wow. Thanks.

"That seems accurate" VEGA needed to point out within the helmet.

'I didn't ask VEGA. How is the tether coming along?' I asked.

"I can currently disable the feature tethering you to miss Rose-"

'Then why the fuck are we here? Get rid of that shit.'

"But, the issue wouldn't be solved, it would become volatile."

'That means?'

"It could re-active at any time after a short while. Maybe never, maybe in a day. I suggest letting me work on solving the issue entirely."

'Sure sure..'

Way to get my hopes up.

I sighed and re-tuned into the conversation infront of me. It was nothing more then small talk.

"Hey Jones?" Ruby called out, letting a small sigh slip as she turned.

"How can we assist you, miss Rose" VEGA responded for me, thankfully too I was starting to get pissed.

"Well my legs are really starting to get tired and we can't just stop so.." I do not like where this is going. I motioned for her to get on with it. "Could I ride on your back?" She quickly asked, almost too fast to be understandable.

I decided to answer her. "Are. you. Fucking. Serious? Do I look like a horse?" She thought for a second before answering.

"Yes. Wait no. Yes to the first one I think, no to the second." I looked on in disbelief. She was trying to get a piggy back ride. "I'm just slowing down a bit, we could find Blake faster if I got a ride. Please?"

"You know what. Fuck it. Sure. Can I go back to fucking Hell soon?" She seemed content with the answer and ran around behind me, trying to figure out how to get on.

"Can you.. maybe duck down a bit?"

I probably sighed the deepest sigh I had ever sighed in this moment. "Sure." I bent down.

She took her time, tugging at bits of armour poking out and different plates before finally hopping on, except it wasn't on my back. She was sitting on my motherfucking shoulder.

"Wow. Your shoulder plate is pretty big, if not a bit uncomfortable. This way me and Penny can both ride. I can see so far being this tall, we'll find Blake in no time." Her mood seemed to improve a bit, Great. She wasn't even on the shoulder plate fully, she was half off it. It isn't big enough to sit on, I sighed again.

"Uh Ruby, sorry to say but that does not look safe." Penny interjected.

"I can assure you - it isn't." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Are you going to hop on Penny?" Ruby asked.

"I'm not carrying around 2 girls damnit. I shouldn't be carrying any in the first place." Penny didn't seem to mind though. I stood up straight and we walked on.

"Slayer, there is a potential issue." VEGA interrupted, just within the helmet though.

...

Boom