TWO

CHAPTER 2
HAIL SATAN

WEIRDLY enough, Greg Romano had actually gotten the new version of Clue: Freak Show

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

WEIRDLY enough, Greg Romano had actually gotten the new version of Clue: Freak Show. When the board game club met the next day, Greg whipped the big box out of a plastic bag, like it was some sort of ancient relic in an Indiana Jones movie. "This is just a prototype, because it doesn't come out until next year," he explained with a proud smile. "My dad was able to get it for us."

Eloise shared a knowing look with Coraline, remembering the conversation they had yesterday, and Coraline chuckled softly at the inside joke. The club met after school in the abandoned teacher's lounge that no one knew about. It was located in the old portion of the school, consisting of leaky ceiling and broken tiles. The board game club decided to meet here so they could keep out of the school's radar. Once the faculty knew about them, they'd have to pay a club fee, and Billy said he'd be damned if he ever had to pay money to organize a club.

An hour later, they were still in the first round. "This game is too long," Billy complained after rolling the dice. "Whoever your dad has connections to, tell them that this freak show sucks."

Greg scoffed. "Just be grateful I even got it! I'm sick of replaying Uno, or your favorite – Candy Land."

"Candy Land is good," Billy muttered under his breath and tugged his hood over his dark hair. He tossed the dice across the circular table to Coraline. "Your turn, Cor."

Coraline nodded and shook the dice in her fist before rolling. It landed on three. As she reached out for her character piece, Eloise commented, "You're quiet today, Cor. What's going on?"

She shrugged, moving her piece into the freak show's grand ballroom. "I don't know. I saw the flyers for the Winter Ball before coming here today, and I think I'm stressing over it."

"Why?" Billy snorted, scrunching up his long, caramel-colored nose. "Are you actually gonna go? I thought that wasn't your thing anymore."

Coraline's mouth dropped. "Are you kidding? I have to go! I've gone to every school dance since middle school, and a new psychotic reputation isn't going to stop me."

"Sounds dumb," Greg mumbled and ruffled his brown mop of curls. He tapped a pencil against the table, thinking of a suspect for his notes.

"Well, that's just your dumb opinion," she snickered, malice laced in her tone. Crossing her arms over her chest, she continued, "Attending the Winter Ball might help get the rumors off my back. You know, like, up my social status again. Maybe then I'll have an edge to win prom queen later this year."

Billy rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, Cor. Just make sure you leave a note when you break up with us losers."

"That isn't what I –" She sighed, waving her manicured hands in the air. "Never mind. I'll change the subject." She leaned back in her seat and met Eloise's worried stare. The black-haired girl sent her a candy-sweet smile, and Coraline glanced back to the boys. "There's a new family in town."

HUNGRY HEART ━ Michael Langdonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें