Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie

This chapter is dedicated to this amazing reader  crazysahay  who binge read all the chapters in one day... Thank you so much for your votes and support. Lots of love ❤️❤️❤️  

************************************************************************

"That went well," Nathan says after the investors left.

" Yes, it didn't take much convincing, they were already willing to invest."

We are still sitting in the hotel, I glance around the table and find a familiar face. 

"Oh, shit!" My eyes widen in horror and I duck down to hide.

"What happened why are you hiding?" Nathan asks and turns to see where I was looking.

"Don't look there," I hiss.

"Cutie pie!" I hear a shrilling voice.

" Oh. God. please. no," I groan as I bang my head on the table after each word.

Suddenly I am pulled on my feet and embraced into a bone-crushing hug.

"Cutie Pie... how are you? I missed you so much," I awkwardly pat Denise's back, as she swings us both back and forth.

" I am good," I pull myself free from her. I hesitantly glance at Nathan for some kind of help, I guess I am on my own, as his eyes are full amusement as he looks at us.

"Cutie pie, you are so grown up now... It is been ages since I have seen you," she pinches my cheeks adding more to my embarrassment.

" We have just met a few months back," I smile uneasily and gently pulls her hands away from my cheeks.

" Umm... Denise, I am with someone," I nod my head at Nathan," we will catch up later, hope you don't mind," I say. I hope she gets my point and leaves because she already has embarrassed me enough.

"Oh, my mistake I didn't notice you are on a date," She eyes Nathan and winks at him, "It's good you are enjoying out of your marriage, once in a while change is good."

I gape at her not knowing what to say.

" It is not what you are thinking," I shake my head with wide eyes.

" Don't worry your secret is safe with me," she gives Nathan a sideways glance as she says.

" Ok, I will get going Henson is waiting for me," She points at a man clearly younger than her, who smiles in return.

"Henson?" I ask as curiosity get the best of me.

"He is my husband," She looks dreamily at him.

" If I am not mistaken, your husband name was Frank."

"He was my ex-husband, Henson and I got married two months back," She giggles while covering her mouth with a hand," we are still enjoying our honeymoon phase."

Congratulations on your sixth marriage, I want to say to her so badly but I just settle on simple "Congratulations".

"I can't keep my munchkin waiting for long," she blows a kiss to her husband number six, as I internally gag.

She kisses my cheek, "See you later cutie pie, tell Bethany I said Hi."

"Yeah, sure."

She rushes back to her "munchkin" and soon both start to suck each other faces, making me nauseated.

 I sit back on the chair and furiously rub my cheek to get rid of her lipstick.

" So... cutie pie," Nathan says with a glint of mischievousness in his eyes.