Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend

Slowly I unlock the door with my keys. Normally, Georgia is there when I get back, but as it is quite late so I guess she would have already left. After entering inside I quietly close the door behind me, when I turn around I find Nathan already standing in the hallway. Ignoring him, I walk towards my room, as he already ruined my day and the last thing I want now is to ruin my night too.

Taking long strides he comes and blocks my way before even I can say anything, he wraps his arms around me. My whole body goes rigid, closing my eyes I take a deep breath.

"Leave me, Nathan," I wriggle and try to free myself.

"I am sorry...I am sorry," he tightens his hold more on me and buries his face in my neck.

"Nathan, Let.me.go," I enunciate slowly and manage to push him slightly away from me by placing my hands on his chest.

 "No," he pulls me closer and shakes his head.

"What do you want?" I sigh as I give up trying to fight him as it is no avail.

"Please, Abigail...I am sorry," he holds me as if I am going to run, keeping his face on my shoulder.

"Nathan..." I swallow as my voice slightly croaks. The pain his words caused comebacks all over again.

"I didn't mean that... please," his sounds guilty.

"Let me go," I clench my teeth and push him, this time he leaves me, " I don't want to hear, what you meant or not. You have already said enough!"

Stepping back I quickly try to get away from him, but he is fast. He grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Please, listen to me once," he pleads.

When I don't answer, he continues, " I was upset about something and took out that anger on you. I swear I didn't mean what I said, I don't know why it just came out of my mouth," he exasperates shaking his head.

"You know what I have heard? People become honest when they are angry, as they unintentionally speak what is actually in their heart," I say while holding his gaze.

He looks away as regret flashes in his eyes. 

"It is fine, though. I am glad I know what you think of me," I purse my lips and look at the floor.

"Don't say like that, there was a lot going through my mind. I was definitely not thinking clearly, please understand," he rubs his head, frustratingly, with his hand.

"Can we please talk?" the tone of his voice makes it harder for me to say no, so I nod. He gives me a small smile, that doesn't reach his eyes, and motions to the couch. I follow him but sit far from him on the couch. He tilts his head and looks at the space, then closes his eyes and sighs.

" Last night I got a call from her," he looks at me when he sees my confused expression, he elaborates," Ashley, she called me, my..." 

"Your girlfriend," I complete his sentence as he trails off.

"Ex-girlfriend," he shakes his head, then gives me a pointed look.

"So, why Ashley called? I mean only if you want to tell, as it is none of my business," I ask.

My heart dropped at her name. I don't want to know why she called or anything about her, still heavy heartedly I asked him.

"I don't know," he throws his hand in the air and shakes his head.

"I just disconnected the call, when I heard her voice. I just don't want to talk to her," he rakes his hand through his hair.

Don't know what to say, so I just keep quiet waiting for him to continue or drop the conversation altogether.