Chapter: 55 I Love You

Nathan's POV

It shatters my heart to listen to her cries, but I don't stop her. I hold her securely, while she releases all her pain and anguish in form of tears, the pain she has been holding inside her for so long. Each of her sob and tear reaches directly to my heart, making my heart clench painfully in my chest. 

I want to kill every single person who has ever hurt her, including myself. 

I saw her shattering into pieces in front of me and I would do anything not to let that happen again. I tighten my arms around her and pull her closer to me if that is even physically possible, as I kiss her head. The overwhelming sense of protectiveness consumes me and I just want to keep her close to me, away from the eyes of the world.

In my heart, I make a promise to her and myself, that I will protect her with all my heart and soul and will never let any pain reach to her. I will love her so much that she will forget her every sorrow... every anguish.

My heart is burning with so much desire and love that it weakens me. I want to tell her that I love her with everything I have, that she means the world to me, but I know this is not the right time. At this moment, she needs someone who will listen to her... someone with whom she can share her troubles... someone who will be there for her... And I will be that someone for her. I will be whatever she wants me to be, a friend, a partner, a protector. 

I may not be the best person, but I will do everything in my power to try to become the best person for her.

I do not want to rush things between us, I will give her all the time that she needs to recover emotionally. She may have let me in through the walls she has formed around her heart, but still, I have to win her heart and love. The love which she thinks is lost.

I will instill that love back into her heart.

I gently run my hand on her back in soothing circles, whereas her cries are turned into light hiccups.

"I am sorry," her voice sounds raspy. She leans back her head slowly, her arms still around me, then raises her eyes to me.

Unwrapping my arms, I hold her face in my hands. Her face feels warm and her eyes are puffy, while her lashes are still wet with tears. Still, she manages to look as beautiful as ever.

I take my words back when I said that she is not the beautiful I have ever seen. Because she is the most beautiful and prettiest girl I have ever laid my eyes on.

"For, what?" I frown as puzzlement clear in my tone.

"I have ruined your shirt," she stares at my shirt and says in a small voice.

"Don't worry about that," I chuckle and wipe her tear with my thumb that drops from her eye when she blinks.

"I can just take it off," I tease her, in hope to lighten the mood, and hold the collar of my shirt with my hand pretending to take it off.

"No," she shakes her head quickly, as her eyebrows shoot up, and clutches the hem of my shirt pulling it down.

I can't help but laugh at her innocent and adorable behavior. 

"Let's tuck you in bed," I hold her hand and pull her towards the bed, "As you need to sleep," I smile.

"But please don't sing a lullaby, you can't even sing to save your life," she lightly laughs, making my heart flips in my chest. 

She lies down on the bed as I pull the cover over her. I know she doesn't want to be alone and wants me to stay, but I also know she will never say this. However, what she doesn't know that I will not leave as I can't leave her alone especially when she needs me. Also, I am slightly afraid that what if she tries to do something like before again and hurts herself.