Something Extra

The sound of the typing echoes breaking the stillness of the room. After the continuous taping on the keyboard, she looks at her screen. Slowly a smile spread on her lips when she reads the jumbled mess her mind has managed to come up with. Words which are nothing but true in her eyes.

"Everything lies inside us, we will only realize this when we will stop searching for it outside. The biggest mistake we commit is expecting a lot of things from others, however, we never give ourselves a chance. We are our own friend, lover, supporter, and even we are our own enemy, but we don't realize this. 

Every person is different, their struggles are different, then why should we judge ourselves on the criteria which others set for us? We don't need others to define us. 

We are aware of our strengths... our weakness, the only thing which we need is to accept them and be proud of ourselves just the way we are. Because if we want the world to accept us, then we should learn to accept ourselves first.

We should not be looking for missing pieces to complete our picture. However, sometimes we just need some different colors to add more to its beauty, but this doesn't mean our picture is incomplete."

Rubbing her tired eyes, she shuts down the laptop when she realizes they will be there anytime soon. Just the thought of meeting them creates a new wave of happiness in her.

"I can't wait to meet them," she happily says to herself as she checks the time.

She nearly runs to the door, when the doorbell announces the arrival of the people who are a big part of her life.

"Ah, there is my most favorite person," Nathan is the first one to enter through the door and engulfs her in a hug, Abigail waddling close behind him shooting daggers at him.

"She is my best friend," Abigail pushes Nathan and wraps her arm around her.

"Sorry, we are late," Miles comes with a big smile on his face, along with Natalie.

"You are just on time," She smiles and guides all of them inside her room.

"This is the place where everything had started, right?" Natalie's eyes roam around her room in awe.

"Also this is the day when everything was started," she replies as her eyes pause on each of the person's face, a smile never leaving her lips.

"Thirty June is indeed a special date for all of us," Abigail settles on the bed, as Nathan places a pillow behind her to support her back.

"Of course it is," Nathan adds smiling at his wife.

"There are a lot of things we need to ask from you, so be prepared to answer all our questions," Mile throw his arm around her shoulder and laughs.

"Oh, yes," Natalie nods her head showing her perfect smile, "But first..." Natalie trails off looking at everyone expectantly.

"1...2...3..." Miles gives a countdown and everyone shouts in unison.

"Happy Birthday, Sanobar!"

*******************************************

"What is this weird fascination of yours with number three?" Nathan asks.

"The idea of you guys came into my mind on my birthday, 30th June," Sanobar shrugs, "That's how number three became an important number in your life."

"Why couldn't you pair me with someone better?" Natalie whines, "Why him?" she pouts as she looks at Miles, but there is not a hint of sadness in her tone.

"You couldn't have found anyone better than him," Sanobar laughs, "You both are a match made in my head."

"You have no idea how much readers love you both as a couple," Sanobar winks at them, "You guys are very much in demand."

"We make the hottest couple," Mile smugly says as he plants a kiss on Natalie's cheek.

"Yeah... yeah," Nathan rolls his eyes at Miles mocking him.

"Nathan, you are also quite in demand," Sanobar turns her attention to him, "Every girl needs Nathan in her life."

"Why not? Who would not want Nathan Knight in their life?" He smirks proudly.

"Actually, no one wants Nathan Poophead Knight, " Sanobar crosses her arms, "I am talking about Nathan...Abigail's Nathan," she looks at Abigail and winks.

"Nathan Poophead Knight?" Nathan frowns and then glares at Sanobar, "Is not Abigail enough in my life to insult me, so you have also started?"

"Trust me, Nathan, I am the only one who has started this," Sanobar says her words drip with smugness.

"Of course, you are the only one to make Abigail say all these loving words to me," Nathan huffs when the realization hits him.

"Hey, some of the things I came up with my own," Abigail protests and crosses her arms.

"Yeah, she is right," Sanobar nods her head in agreement, " She forced me to write about your... you are smart enough to understand the rest," she looks at Nathan with a sheepish smile.

"Whom do you love more?" Miles gives Sanobar puppy dog eyes and discreetly points at him.

"I love you, Miles," Sanobar replies making Miles smile brightly, "But I also, equally, love the rest of you guys," she answers honestly.

"We all love you, too," Abigail chimes in. 

"We might just be the  figments of your imagination," Nathan smiles, "But we will always be at your side throughout your life."

Sanobar gratefully smiles as she looks at the people in front of her, who are merely fictional characters of her story but in reality, they are a huge part of her. They brought her confidence back and made her believe in herself. They made her realize, it is okay to dream because you never know when those dreams can become reality.