Chapter: 62 My Family

Nathan's POV

"Shhh... don't make noise he is sleeping."

I hear the sound of the door closing, then I feel like somebody is lightly patting my head. Suddenly I become alert and remember sleeping on the side of the Dad's bed keeping my head down on my arms.

Instantly, I slightly raise my head to find Dad's hand on my head, as he looks at me with a tired smile on his face.

"Dad..." I choke as all the fear of losing him comes rushing down on me. Getting on my feet I, carefully, hug him as I feel tears leaking from my eyes in relief. 

"I love you, Dad," I whisper as I hug him.

"I love you, too," Dad lightly pats my back.

Pulling back I sit next to him and hold his hand in my both hands.

"I was so scared, Dad... that you will leave me," my voice cracks, as I look down.

"I am not going anywhere," he squeezes my hand, "There has to be someone who needs to keep your sorry ass in check and I am not retiring from that position so soon," he playfully glares at me.

"I am sorry, Dad," I swallow, "I hurt you so much," turning my head to the side I wipe my face with my arm.

"I always taught you that it is okay to express your sentiments, but it doesn't mean that you will show me your snot covered face," he gives a weak chuckle, as his eyes are also teary.

"Come here," releasing his hand from my hold, he opens his arm.

Immediately, I go into his arms, feeling like a kid again who just needs his father assurance that everything is alright.

"I love you, too," he sighs, "Even more than I can tell you."

He smiles and gently pats my face when I lean back and sit on the bed. Mom's whole face lights up when she enters the room to find Dad completely awake and talking to me.

"Thank God, you are awake," she smiles brightly and blinks away her tears, "I was so worried... we were so worried, Richard."

"I love you, but don't scare us like this ever again," Mom hugs Dad.

"I promise, I will not," Dad lovingly smiles at her.

"Where is Abigail?" Mom asks me while keeping her arm around Dad's shoulder and standing beside him.

"She went home early in the morning," I lightly frown remembering I haven't talked to her whole day and it is almost evening, "She has some important stuff to take care of."

"I heard from your Mom, things are getting better between you two," Dad arches his eyebrow, as I glare at Mom who shrugs and gives me a guilty smile.

When Mom asked me about Abigail, I have told her everything and I asked her not to tell anyone. But I should have known better, anyone doesn't include Dad.

"Yeah," I nod my head, "I am her, boyfriend now," I look down feeling uncomfortable talking about all of this as I never shared any such things with my parents.

"Awww...look Richard, he is blushing," Mom gushes looking at me with a smile, "So cute!"

"Mom!" I groan loudly while Dad murmurs something under his breath.

"I have never met anyone looking so content with demotion," Dad scoffs, then coughs instantly making us worried. He shakes his head to let us know that he is fine.

"You have been downgraded from husband to a boyfriend," Dad narrows his eyes at me, "You, dimwit!"

"She forgave me and she is giving me another chance, I am happy for that," I shrug and smile, "I don't mind being downgraded, as I want to do things the right way this time."