Chapter 1

"Mom?" I called to her as I ran down the newly polished stairs and almost fell.

We just moved to California from Connecticut because of my dads new job. I'm not too sure what he actually is because I never get to see him anymore.

"Yeah?" She answered as she walked into the kitchen

"I'm going for a walk down to the beach okay?"

"Yeah that's fine just text me if you are gonna be late" she said handing me my phone as I walked out the kitchen door to the porch.

"Kate! you forgot your sunglasses" she yelled

"Thanks mom"

I was still really mad about the move but to make it better my best friend moved out here with me.

Jack got an apartment in LA a couple minutes away from my house. Him only being a year older then me we were best friends and I told him everything and he did the same.

I would be scared to live on my own at 18 but he can do it.

I pulled out my phone and texted him:

To jack:) From Kate

Hey goin 2 beach wanna come?

He texted back instantly

To Kate from Jack:)

Would but I'm unpacking, wanna come over and help? 3:30?

I looked at my clock and realized it was only 1:30 so I had time.

I made it down to the beach and noticed a bunch of cute boys playing volley ball and they caught my eye.

I put my headphones in sunglasses on and sat down in one of the beach chairs set up.

The sun felt so nice and it seemed to met my stress away and as I was just about to fall asleep when I felt instant pain on my head.

I moved my hand from my head that I had been holding and looked at it, I saw little bit of blood was on my forehead.

A boy who was really fit and had brown hair slightly pushed up and out to the side was standing in front of me picking up a frisbee from the ground.

"I AM SOOOO SORRY!" A voice came out of the attractive boy
"Are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay haha" I reassured him

A another really attractive looking boy stood behind him squinting his eyes because of the sun although he was wearing a straw hat, it was around his neck. He had blond hair that clearly needed to be touched up because you could see the brown roots and a tiny bit of blue in it.

"Wow Connor who did you hit this time ?" the second boy with the hat said in a sarcastic tone

"Only me" I responded

"Are you okay?" the boy who seemed to be named Connor asked with concern in his voice

"Um yeah I guess." I said even though I clearly wasn't due to the gash in my head that's bleeding and my dizziness. I stood up and instantly fell down.

The boy in the hat caught me in his arms after he bent down to pick up my phone that had fallen in the sand after I was struck.

"Here's you phone, gold nice colour." he said while smiling and referring to the colour of my iPhone 5s.

"I'm Kian by the way." He said planting me in the sand.

Looking at them just now realizing they were both shirtless I said,

"Kate."