Chapter 2

I woke up to sun shining in my eyes and the smell of fabric softener around me. Instantly I woke up not knowing where I was. I scan a slightly messy room with white walls and a picture of the Eiffel Tower still completely confused to where I am.

I look in the mirror and notice that I am still in my pink bathing suit and coverup as yesterday.

"YESTERDAY?"

I scramble for my phone and quickly press the wake button to see the time 8:30AM on my phone along with a billion messages.

Mom: Where are you?

Jack: thanks for ditching me last night

Mom: WHERE ARE YOU???

Oh god I can tell I am in trouble already my first day in California

I slowly open the door leading out into a hallway and notice a small set of stairs leading to what seems like a living room.

"Morning."

I hear a familiar voice come from what might be a kitchen. I saw Kian standing over the stove with a frying pan in his hand and a spatula in the other hand. He was shirtless with basketball shorts resting on his hips slightly exposing his boxers.

"What happened last night? And where am I? How did I end up in some random bed?" I shouted bombarding him with questions.

"Calm down katie, you fainted after you got hit and I, being a nice person, brought you here." he explained with a smile as always.

"Where exactly is here? And don't call me katie." I said with a stern voice.

"My house! well I share it with 2 other guys."

I scanned the house after rolling my eyes.

TO:MOM

I'm alive sorry... Fell asleep at jacks last night no worries. be home soon :)

My mom was pretty comfortable with be being friends with jack. he is basically the only guy friend I have that she doesn't hate for some reason. If I was caught sleeping in some guys bed that I met at the beach a day ago, I would be dead by the time I was un grounded.

TO: Jack :)

IM SOOO SORRY! I basically got kidnapped... Will explain l8ter. if anyone asks I was with u last night. I'll be at ur house in a couple hours

Xoxo

"So back to you kidnapping me, did you seriously think I wouldn't mind waking up in a random guys bed?" I prosecuted

"Ummm last time I check I was not some random guy!" Kian said while smirking.

"C'mon your basically a stranger. I said somewhat teasing.

"Well we have to fix that." he said with a smile

He motioned for me to sit down on the couch he was already walking over to. I sat sideways with one leg hanging off the chair I chose because I still didn't trust him fully. Scooting closer he said,

"okay we are going to play 20 questions, I go first and then we alternate."

He started right away not giving me any chance to say no to the ridiculous idea.

" Full name.

" Katelyn Marie Killiam

And so it started. We continued way past 20 and by the end I got to know Kian Lawley pretty well.

"Okay," I said "is that it?"

"One last one" he said as I was standing in the doorway about to leave his house. he leaned his hand on the door frame still shirtless and slightly flexing his abs.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he said with a smirk.

"Good bye Kian..." I said as I was already walking out the door turned around with my back to him so he wouldn't see my blushing or smiling.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

HI OMG SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER! HOpe you like the book so far and please comment if you like this so far! What will happen with kian and Kate? who knows you will have to wait and see!!!!

I will update tomorrow or maybe later tonight idk but it will be switching POV soon if you want.

ILYSM

follow my Instagram

@sagemac_

Twitter

@macclintic

TYSM!

XOXO SAGE <3