Chapter 1 - SOS Text

The Flash mug in front of Elli steamed with fresh coffee while her laptop was open in front of her face. She leaned her chin on her hand, using one hand to control the settings in Lightroom. Her eyes strained as she looked at the screen and the only thing keeping her awake is the coffee which is starting to lose its effect.

Elli likes deadlines. It means she has to have a schedule, organization if she wants to get things done and she hates when things don't get done on time. Her parents always taught her that it's better to be fifteen minutes early than thirty seconds late. She's carried that long into her adulthood and blooming career as an event and freelance photographer. But, sometimes, the deadlines become a lot and she'd have a concert, art show, a store opening, and a wedding to all get done around the same time. Maybe she shouldn't take on so much but if she didn't push herself, what's the point?

Elli's eyelids droop while her hand starts to slow across the trackpad of her laptop. Sleep is calling her name and she's finding it harder and harder to ignore. Maybe she can rest her eyes for a few minutes and it won't be such a terrible thing. She's almost done anyway.

Two hands grasp Elli's shoulders, squeezing them gently and she lets out a surprised yell, her head shooting up. Parker chuckles from behind her but doesn't remove his hands. Instead, he rubs her shoulders over the bright red hoodie covering her torso. Elli looks over her shoulders and shakes her head before looking back to the screen.

"How long've you been awake?" Parker asks and there's the smallest touch of concern in his voice. He hates when Elli pulls all-nighters.

Elli looks to the corner of her screen before her croaky voice fills the room. "About thirty......six hours?"

"Please, go to sleep, Elli." Parker says, still working her shoulders while she relaxes into his touch.

"I'm almost done." Elli mutters, eyes closing again.

"And falling asleep at the kitchen table." Parker chuckles before taking his hands from her shoulders and reaching for her mug.

"So?"

"So, I've a date tonight and who's supposed to help me pick out the right tie if you're snorin' up the place?"

Elli turns and glares at Parker. "Okay, I'll finish this, go to your room and pick out your clothes, and then I'll sleep. Everyone wins."

"No!" Parker groans, resting the mug back down after taking a sip and walking around the table to the fridge. "It's not the same. I had to help you pick out your shoes last weekend and you didn't even wear them!"

Elli tosses her head in laughter. "Because you have terrible taste! I always choose the opposite of what you say!"

"Why've you got my jumper on then?" Parker counters, pulling out the milk and eggs from the fridge.

"It's comfy and smells like you." Elli tugs at the sleeves so they cover her hands.

"I live here." Parker laughs, rummaging through cabinets for a pan. "Don't you smell like me, too?"

"Your point?"

"Go to sleep."

"Make me." Elli taunts and Parker turns around, a glare and a contradicting smirk decorating his face.

"Don't threaten me with a good time, darlin'." Parker licks his lip and wiggles his brows.

"You're the one tempting me." Elli points a finger at his shirtless form, toned torso on display for her viewing.

A blush creeps onto Parker's face. "Nah, pretty sure you're the more tempting one."

Elli's heart stops in her chest and her mouth goes to open but she doesn't have a comeback. He's looking at her with pretty eyes and bedhead, his curls unruly and pajama pants hanging low on his hips. She doesn't need to say anything else.