Epilogue

Waking up to someone next to someone you care about is unlike anything else. You get to see them in their rawest and most vulnerable state. It's peaceful and beautiful but getting to wake up to someone you get to call yours? That doesn't even compare.

Elli's rolled over on her side, looking at Parker as he sleeps. He's on his stomach, curls on his forehead, almost to his eyes and a key indicator he'll be getting a haircut by the end of the month. Hair is just starting to appear above his lip, just enough to be visible in the low light of the bedroom and he looks like he's getting the most peaceful sleep he's had in a while. And Elli's heart just flutters, taking everything in her to let him rest but, lucky for her, it's not long.

"Lookin' at me again?" Parker mutters, eyes still closed.

"Surprised?" Elli asks, poking his cheek.

Parker smiles before shaking his face into the pillow and turning his head back to her, just barely opening his eyes. Her hair is a complete mess. Matted and sticking out all over the place from the night before. But she looks so well-rested and so damn pretty that all Parker even think about doing is smiling at her while a blush creeps onto his face.

"Nah, not at all." Parker rolls onto his side and extends an arm, dragging Elli against his chest.

Elli hums against him before kissing his cheek. "We're a thing now."

Parker's chest rumbles with a cheerful and tired laugh. "Mm, yeah." He looks down at her. "Wanna go on that date tonight?"

Elli bites her lip, barely pulling away from him. "You sure?"

"More sure than anything." Parker whispers, pressing his lips to hers.

Elli's body relaxes against his. "Okay, where we going?"

Parker looks down at her and he's got the biggest smirk he's ever had. "You'll see."

"You're not gonna tell me?"

"Nope." Parker chuckles.

"How will I know how to dress then?" Elli retorts.

"I'll pick out your clothes."

"Your fashion sense sucks as bad as my cooking." Elli chortles.

Parker gasps, pretending to be offended before his hand slides under her shirt and squeezes her side. She squeals and squirms away from him, the room erupting in laughter between the two of them.

"It's the truth!" Elli defends, covering her side with her arm.

"Fine," Parker rolls his eyes, smile still decorating his face. "Just wear your normal clothes."

"Nothing fancy?" Elli raises a brow.

"No, but bring your camera." Parker states but Elli just furrows her brows in confusion. Parker is date, date kind of person. Dinner, movie, maybe have a car conversation but this doesn't sound like that and as far as Elli knows, Parker doesn't surprise his dates. At least, he's never done it with any that he told her about and Jenny never said anything. "If you don't figure this out, you owe me a Marvel movie marathon." Parker says, eyes wide and teasing.

"That's like twenty-two movies!" Elli exclaims.

"Sucks to be you." Parker laughs, eyes crinkling.

"You suck." Elli rolls her eyes.

"You love me." Parker grins.

"Doesn't make you suck any less." Elli states, just barely glancing at him and trying not to laugh.

"Hmm," Parker hums, moving back over to her before he hovers over her, gaining her full attention, eyes locked. "I could suck--"

"Don't. You're gonna say something dirty and it's early."