Two 二 일

2019.03.14 Thursday
1208hours

You had disappeared so subtly, that Yoongi himself didn't notice until two months had gone by.

Over the time that you've known each other, you have been known to go MIA for days on end mainly because of peak periods at your work. A month had gone by before he realised that you hadn't replied on anything. Then another week went by, then two, then three.

Then a lightning out of the blue struck, as Yoongi enters his room and he realises the smell of his room has changed. It used to smell like flowers which you insisted had "notes of ivy, lily of the valley, white rose, iris, orange blossom, jasmine." He just smells flowers. But the smell of flowers are gone. He turns to light one candle but realises that it's gone.

The candle is gone. He looks around the room some more. Your spare leather notebook is gone, so is your sketchbook. Your charger, your spare clothes, the special colourful throw you made for his place... all of it, was gone.

You had left.

He checks his phone and realises the messages he has sent you only has one tick, you haven't checked any of your messages. You had blocked him. He couldn't even call you, his phone calls doesn't even get through to ringing.

You disappeared, you ghosted him.

He can feel the sudden emptiness that you abruptly caused. Over the course of the past few months, you had not only become friend. He realises you have become confidante, emotional comfort, and something more. You have become a huge part of his life, someone he relies on and needs. Not just want anymore. Wanting you around meant that he could cut you out of his life. But, your laugh, your smiles, your thoughts, your views and perspectives, your presence has become indispensable to him.

And it is confusing the hell out of him.

All he knows right now is that he needs to find you. When that fact set in, he doubled his calls and tripled his texts, as irrational as it seems. But it didn't matter, all that went unanswered.

He was desperate. He had no other way of contacting or finding you. You two are not connected to each other on your social media platforms, and even then, he knew that you would have just blocked him too.

He doesn't know where you stay, he doesn't know who your friends are. You have always skipped over that and he knows that it's a sensitive topic. So he tries not to dwell on that.

His only clues about you was your work and that cafe that you two met.

So with that, he kept frequenting the cafe, to no avail. You hadn't shown up in over three months. Of course Mina keeps it mum that she actually has the means to contact you, seeing that you own 35% share of the cafe franchise. But it is not up to her to giveaway information like that to a regular customer of the cafe, almost a stranger at that, even if he is a worldwide superstar.

Yoongi tries to find you at your office as well, but only manages to bump into your colleagues, who recognised him as Suga of Bangtan. That was when he finally managed to catch wind that you're actually on a month long business trip which got extended to 6 weeks and you're currently on vacation, since you needed desperately to clear off the amount of leave you have at work. No one knows where you are right now.

Yoongi had already initially screwed up his own schedule trying to look for you. He didn't clock as many hours in the studio, trying to look for you, he was sullen when he had to do schedules for interviews and photoshoots, annoyed that he couldn't find the time to be out looking for you.

He was always tired from travelling around, trying to find you when he did have the time, after all the obligations at work.

He finally settles back into his usual schedule with his music and work schedule, now that he has some semblance of an idea of where you were, knowing now that he had some way of finding you, only perhaps not on the timeline he expected.

That, and he asked your colleagues to contact him when you'd be back at work and the cafe manager, Mina, to call or text him when you showed up.

That was how he finally found you at the cafe at 2am.

And he was fuming mad.