Sixteen 十六 십육

2018.11.21, Wednesday
0307hours

You stay up, working as you keep checking on Yoongi, wiping his visible skin down to cool him down.

"I wonder what made you drink so much." you shake your head at him as you mumble to yourself.

You look to the clock and see that it is 6am, knowing that Yoongi will need food when he wakes, you call for a delivery, ordering frozen hangover soup. While in search of painkillers and water, you raided their fridge and guessed correctly that they have little raw ingredients. You order 14 portions of frozen soup since you weren't sure how many of them would be home for breakfast. At least the frozen soup can keep for a while in the freezer.

You decide on 4 portions first and while bringing it to boil in the kitchen, you hear the door opening and a flurry of shoes dropping, groaning and whines of how tired they are.

So it seems like the boys just got out of practice, Hoseok must have left halfway to look for Yoongi. You smirk to yourself as you walk out the kitchen, every intention to prank the boys.

"What are you doing at my house again???"

You barely kept your laughter in as you see the shocked faces slowly turn into confused ones.

"How many times do you guys have to walk into the wrong house before you remember that this is my place? Or was it the food that attracted you guys huh? My guess is the food, it's always the food. I'll go make more."

You look out the kitchen, seeing the boys give each other perplexed looks. Disbelief laces their concerned faces as if they're asking themselves if this is really happening or if they're dreaming. NamJoon's face told you that he was actually questioning his sanity, if he was going mad or if this is a hallucination.

Right on cue, Hoseok comes out to check out the commotion, which confuses the boys more.

"Yah, why are you guys just standing there? Why do you guys look like you just saw a ghost?" his voice booms out as if shaking them out of their reverie.

"Hob-ah... are we... dreaming? This is our house right...?" NamJoon asks gently as if afraid of the answer will affirm his belief that he has gone mad.

"Yah, what are you talking about, of course this is our house. Who has been talking nonsense to you?"

"Then what is she...?" a whisper comes from one of them.

That's when six heads turn to you and you burst out laughing and Hoseok deadpans, guessing that you must have pulled a prank on them.

"Yah, what have you been telling them?" his face is not amused.

"Hey, I may not be from around here, but I've lived here long enough to know that that is disrespecting someone older than you."

"You're older than... no wait, that's not important. Just who the heck are you?" Jin gains some semblance of sense to ask

"She's the girl Yoongi-hyung has been meeting up with at the 24 hour cafe." Hoseok quips as he takes a seat.

"Mina's cafe?" Jin asks again

You contemplate the fact that he knows Mina, you have to be more careful around them.

"Yea, he just turned up out of the blue, drunk and proceeded to pass out. Good thing Hoseok called at the right time. I had half a mind to leave him out in the cold. I don't know where he lives or how to find someone who can come get him. There wasn't much else I could do that wouldn't cause a scandal."

As the boys stare back at you, wondering what to make of you, you wave them off, "Hoseok, come and keep an eye on the soup. There are seven portions, just switch the fire off when it boils and bubbles a lot. I'm going to check on Yoonz."

Low muffled groaning can be heard as you enter the room, knowing exactly how he feels right now.

"Are you going to drink this much again?"

"Nggghhh...."

"I'll take that as a no but I won't be surprised if this happens again. How are you feeling? Do you need to puke or something?" you rest a hand on his forehead.

"No..."

"Alright here, drink some water first. There are pain killers but you need to eat something first or it'll hurt your stomach."

"I can't... I need the painkiller."

"Can you stomach some bread at least?"

As he nods, you hand it to him and wait for him to finish before handing him the meds. He lies back on the bed, trying to stop the room from spinning. You wet the cloth again and wipe down his sweaty skin to help bring some cool comfort.

"Why are you here Y/N?"

"You came to the cafe drunk and passed out. Hoseok came to get you and I took care of you. Hoseok was exhausted. Where are your clean clothes? You've sweat in those the entire night."

"What I need is a shower and some proper food."

"Have the meds kicked in?"

"Yea, I think I'm okay to take a shower."

"Alright, come on, heave-oh" you hook your arms under his arms and help him out of the bed.

You make sure that he doesn't stumble and fall on the way and you lay out the fresh clothes you found. Quietly, you go to the kitchen to put away the pail and bowl as well as to hang the cloth.

The boys are happily eating and chattering away, they don't notice you slinking away, out of the apartment.