Ten 十 십

2019.09.20, Friday
1219hours

Seo Eun.

You stay very still and completely silent, as he walks into the cafe, trying to not catch any attention from him. It has been a year and the rational part of you is telling you that he is not likely looking for you. But your gut instinct is telling you to not take chances. Especially since he has come to the only rendezvous point the both of you had since back then.

So when Sun Hee suddenly calls out your name and you stiffen, hoping that he didn't hear her. As per usual, you don't get what you wish for. He is already on the look out for you, so it is not unexpected that he has his ears pricked for the slightest indication of you, even able to pick out your name in the midst of a bustling cafe.

"Anyway Y/N, I'm just saying that it's really rare that you are so close and comfortable with him. I've known you for like 3 years? This is the closest male you have that I've seen and heard of."

Hearing footsteps coming your direction, you heave a big sigh and put on an act.

"Well, in any case, we are just friends. And it's time to go back, lunch time's over."

The whole group of you stand up to move, you leading the front which is a mistake. You should have blended with the group of them, maybe you won't get picked out, or at the very least, be a little more inconspicuous. As it is, you get stopped.

"Y/N."

All of them are shocked not only because another man is seemingly in your life, but that he is holding your arm to stop you from leaving. This act just indicates some level of intimacy, considering that you don't flinch from the contact. They are shocked that this person exists and you have never mentioned it before, especially when they were just discussing the presence of previous romantic entanglements right before.

"You girls head on first, I'll make the payment."

When they finally leave, you address Seo Eun but you don't bother to turn to look at him.

"What do you want Seo Eun?"

"I just want to talk to you."

"There's nothing else to say. You said so yourself that we will have nothing else to do with each other from that day on."

"No Y/N, there's plenty to say. I have plenty to say."

"But I don't want to hear it. I have a busy day today Seo Eun, I need to go."

You try to leave again but his next words shock you.

"I left her."

For the first time, you make eye contact with him, eyes wide, stunned at the news he just delivered. Trying to see if he was lying to you. As it slowly sinks in, you shake your head at him, "Go home to her Seo Eun. I'm not the same Y/N you know anymore."

"Y/N, please, I was wrong. I never should have left you. I needed you and I didn't realise how much until you were out of my life. You are my best friend, you know everything about me. I don't have to say anything for you to know what I feel or what I am thinking. Please... come back to me. I love you. I really love you... "

Scoffing, disbelief etches across your face as you say to him, "First of all I left you. Second, you claim to be my best friend, that I know you inside out, but have you ever tried to do the same for me? Lastly, we've never lied to each other before, so don't start now. You have never loved me and you never will. Don't take me as a fool who will so willingly go back into your arms just because of your sweet talk. I will never love you again. So go home to her, go home to your wife and baby."

You fling your arm out of his grasp and storm out of the cafe, quickly texting to Mina that you'll make the payment later.

The tears finally pours over the lids of your eyes.