Eleven 十一 십일

2018.08.17, Friday
0156hours

It's 2am. You've been sitting in the cafe for the past two hours, waiting. Always waiting. Waiting for a call, waiting for a text, waiting to meet. Always waiting for him.

Waiting for him to love you back.

Footsteps approach but you don't bother to raise your head to see who it is. You know it's him.

"Sorry I'm late babe." You hear him say, but you don't detect an ounce of sincerity in his tone.

After all, he didn't feel the need to anymore. He knows that it doesn't matter what he does, you will always welcome him back with open arms. You have forgiven him and not made a fuss about this over and over, so much so that he has taken you for granted about it.

Little does he know about the stance that you're about to take. You're done.

"I had to wait for her to fall asleep before I could sneak out of the house. I probably have to cook up an excuse like ran out of cigarettes which means I will have to find a convenience store to actually buy that to backup my story. But other than that, we have a couple of hours, so let's get going."

He grabs your wrist to pull you out to get to your apartment but he meets resistance.

Yes you're done with letting him step all over you, disregarding your feelings. You will never see him again.

"Seo Eun, you don't have to be here anymore, you can go."

"What are you talking about?"

"Go home. Go home to your wife. She's your home and your family. Don't keep doing this to hurt her. I can't keep doing this with you anymore."

"You knew from the get go that this was about sex. Nothing more. No feelings. I've told you this."

"And I have told you this too. I never regretted us. Whatever the hell this was. The only thing I regretted was that you weren't single when we started this. But I also said that one day, this will not be enough for me. I will want more. I want more time, more intimacy. I will want more than what you can give me. I want love. You can't give me any of that. So let's just be done with it."

"You can't just leave me hanging like this babe. You know it doesn't work that. I put so much on the line for you..."

"Have you thought of how I feel?"

"How... you feel?"

"So you've never considered that I wanted love, not this half life. Never thought that I wanted a normal relationship, not one where I'm sneaking around, hidden in the shadows, afraid. You've never thought that I might have hated the idea of sneaking around, always waiting around for you. Never felt the need to hold hands with me in public? Never thought about the sacrifice that I am making with my time and effort and feelings? That I can't sleep anymore because of the guilt that I carry around in my heart?

Because, I want to hold hands in public Seo Eun, I want to be able to go places with the one I love. I want to go home to someone I love, who loves me back, who will open their arms for me whenever I need. And I am willing to do that for the one I love. I did that for you. Because I loved you. I just wanted to be loved too. Am I too selfish to want that for myself?

You opened my eyes, to a world where even the best guys I know, can fall so terribly, can hurt the ones they love, so badly and not feel any remorse about it just because they haven't been caught yet. You have no idea how badly you have messed me up, with this wayward relationship. How terrified I am, of karma, of being hurt, of being thrown aside when I'm no longer your fancy. Any promises from you... any words... they are all empty. And I cannot accept them anymore, if I were to be able to live with myself. So Seo Eon... please... just go..."

He sees the hardened look in your eyes, and understands your firm stand on this.

"Are sure you want this? That what you want is for me to go?" he asks, one last time, "You do understand, that I don't turn back. If I'm gone, I'm gone. I won't come back for you anymore."

"Go."

Without another word, he turns and leave.