Fifteen 十五 십오

2018.11.21, Wednesday
0123hours

The hours spent on cold nights in the cafe, over books, work and coffee was how you got to know each other better. That was how you two became friends.

In a way, your friendship with Yoongi was perfect. He respected your boundaries to a certain extent, knowing that you will extend the same courtesy to him. You knew who he was right off the bat, being in the fashion industry, you work in the branding department. Your company not only acquires distributorship in Korea with upcoming and brands, you also help to acquire pieces specified by the stylists of each company. It was also part of your job to know who are the popular names to work with. Bighit happens to be one of them.

This also means that you knew better than to get embroiled in his life. Him being in the spotlight is a crazy life to be in, one that you don't want. You already feel uncomfortable to be revealing small bits and pieces of yourself to him. You don't want your private life to out on display for everyone to see. Especially not after Seo Eun. Yet somehow, despite all your efforts to shut him out at first, he wormed his way into your life.

The insights he has to offer shows you that he much more mature than his age dictates. He has a way with words, where he finds just the balance of being truthful yet not hurting to address issues. Sometimes you do forget how young he is, and the times when it shows, surprises you so much that you have to verbally remind yourself that he is indeed years younger than you.

The time where it slaps you in the face that Yoongi is not all who he seems to be is when he shows up at the cafe drunk. Stumbling around, wanting to go in to sleep it off. Unfortunately, the air conditioning is leaking and has caused some water damage so you have to close shop for a few days while that gets repaired. You already closed the place up with the alarm set up and Mina has gone home with the keys.

"Y/N... Oh, why are you outside? Why aren't you inside waiting for me? Hey, the cafe is closed! Whyyyyyyyy....?!?!?" Yoongi whines in his drunken state.

You raise an eyebrow, amused at his whining.

To think he has this side of him

"I'm so tired Y/N, I just want to sleep... why is it closed..."

You can only shake your head in this situation, seeing Yoongi so drunk, "It's closed for the next days while we get some stuff fixed."

Suddenly he slumps forward and you barely have time to catch to stop him from falling flat on his face. Instead, his face lands in the crook of your shoulder, with his arms around your waist.

The last thing he mumbles is "Your perfume smells so sweet." before he completely passes out. You can't hold his weight any longer so the best you can do is to let him slide down slowly.

You contemplate leaving him on the doorstep because you were just dead tired. You did think of bringing him to your place, but that requires way too many preventive measures to protect him. You tried his phone, but it's passcode locked.

You sigh, knowing that your best bet would be to leave him at a hotel, at the reception, in broad daylight, to prevent any scandal. Or maybe if you search up where Bighit office is you can just drop him off there.

Just as you're searching, his phone rings. Thank god someone's calling you Yoonz

"Hyung! Where are you?!" a panicked voice shouts into the phone that you have to pull the phone away from your ear.

"H-hello?" you meekly answer, worried that some shouting would ensue.

Instead, a long silence occurs over the phone, so much so that you think that he has hung up the phone but you hear some rustling on his side.

"Hello...? This is, er, Yoongi's phone. He's, er, currently inebriated and has passed out. Can you come and get him? I'll text you the address."

"Okay, text me and I'll come, please stay there with him."

As you wait, you try to get Yoongi up into a sitting position and from time to time, try to wake him up to no avail.

Just as you're shaking him to try again, a cab pulls up the curb and you straighten to see that it is Hoseok who has come to get him.

"Hi, er, I'm here to pick him up."

"Yes I know who you are Hoseok. Come on I'll help you heave him into the cab."

"I'm sorry to bother you but I also need your help to bring him home."

Your brows goes as high as they can.

"That's a bit dangerous for you guys, yes? I'll just help you put him in the cab."

"I'm sorry, I tried to keep it quiet, but it is management who is asking you to come along."

"No, I will not confer. You cannot force me or it'll be considered kidnapping. No go."

"Please, they need you to sign an NDA to keep you quiet about this part of his public image. Just as precautionary measure."

You roll your eyes so hard that only your whites show and honestly it freaks Hoseok out a little.

Scoffing, you reply with a "Fine," and get into the cab after loading Yoongi in.

And so you follow them home and the only people in the house is their manager waiting for you. You read through the NDA and nothing jumps out at you as a red flag so you sign it. As it needs to be processed immediately, their manager ups and leaves as soon as he calls you a cab. But as you stay behind to wait, you see that Hoseok is utterly exhausted and barely has any strength to take care of himself, much less Yoongi.

"Hoseok, go and sleep. I'll take care of Yoongi." you offer to the man with his eyes half open.

"No, it's okay, technically you're not supposed to be here anyway."

"Technically, you and I were not supposed to meet. I'm not even supposed to be friends with Yoongi, but our paths crossed and here we are. I'm a friend of Yoongi's and I met you. Don't reject help when it's offered Hoseok. If you're really worried that I'll do something to Yoongi, you can sleep in the same room. Though I cannot think of any good reason to do anything to him. He's scary if you suddenly wake him up. I promise I'll be gentle enough not to. After all, it's my first time."

His eyes widen at the innuendo that you just threw in his face and you just couldn't keep a straight face anymore.

As you burst out laughing, Hoseok finally understands that you are just teasing him, and he starts to pout, fazed at the fact that you just pulled a joke on a stranger like him.

Hoseok helps to change Yoongi's clothes while you prepare a pail, a towel and a bowl of cold water, bringing them to the room after he's done. You also got water and painkillers, judging from how knocked out he is now, you can only imagine the ensuing hangover is going to be vicious.