Twenty Eight 二十八 이십팔

2020.02.18, Monday
0214hours

Once out of your embrace, Mina swiftly calls a taxi which fortunately arrives right as Yoongi steps onto the curb, driving off to his place.

Jin and NamJoon happen to be in the dining room and are, to say the least, stunned at the sight before them. Yoongi looking a bit bruised, his knuckles displaying a red bloom, you in his arms, your clothes out of place, hair mussed up with a tear stricken face.

"Don't say anything, I just want her to be in a safe place right now. We can talk after I settle her in."

With that, he walks past them, careful to not jostle you awake, you having cried yourself to sleep over the traumatic events that just happened. He sets you carefully on the bed, and pulls the covers over you while he goes out to explain to Jin and Joon about what happened.

Midway trying to get them onboard with you staying over for just tonight, he hears you scream. He stands up so fast that the chair he was in topples over, running over to you. The screams coming from you makes his blood run cold, and when he finally reaches you, you are thrashing about in your sleep. He tries to calm you down as you lash out. You hit him on the bad shoulder, the one he bumped into the table. He winces, knowing that it almost causes him to dislocate his shoulder but he holds on to you tighter.

"Y/N, calm down, it's okay, you're alright now, you're safe..."

His voice breaks through the panicked haze driven by your nightmare.

"Just breathe Y/N..."

You follow his instructions and you see that it is Yoongi in front of you, and not Seo Eun, and that you are in Yoongi's room. Immediately, you jump back from his embrace. You were still hurt from his words the previous time. He, on the other hand, thinks that it is because you are still uncomfortable with his touch.

"It's ok, Y/N, everything is alright now. You can just sleep."

He turns away, getting off the bed. It is at this point that Jin and Joon pops their head in

"Y/N, are you alright?" Jin asks gently, not quite sure how to approach the subject with what little he knows.

You try to reassure him with a small smile and nod, "I'm fine... I should go, I don't want to impose on you guys."

This time it is Joon who speaks up, "Y/N just stay, none of us will have peace knowing that you are alone. Not when we can help. Please..."

After a moment's hesitation, you nod silently, grateful that you don't have to go home at this hour on your own. You're glad that you have people around you, that you won't be on your own. God knows what will haunt you in the empty corners of your house.

"Thank you..."

"Get some sleep Y/N, I'll sleep on the floor."

You lie back down and eventually everyone settles in for the night, leaving you and Yoongi alone.

The next few hours only has you tossing and turning instead of falling asleep. Not even to the even breathing of Yoongi which usually lulls you to sleep. Finally, you see that it's 6am, you get dressed quietly and head to the kitchen.

You fall into the easy pattern of what you used to do when you used to stayover. Waking up early, cooking breakfast as thanks for letting you stay. You raid the fridge and see leftover frozen soup from the last time you bought them. You shake your head, thankful that they have not expired and set out to make the food, adding extra ingredients.

Stirring the pot, your phone vibrates in your pocket, an incoming text from Mina

Mina: Y/N-unnie, I've already made the report and relayed that he had been drunk and tried to be aggressive towards us. They will need you to head down to the station to make a statement, so just go asap when you can. You will need to sign a document stating that you will not be pressing charges against him.

You: Okay, thank you Mina

Mina: Are you okay?

You: I'm fine. I'll settle this asap, thank you Mina..

Once it is done, it is about 7am of which you know some of the boys, whoever is here, might wake up soon. Quickly you leave a note on the table

-There's soup in the pot. Thank you for last night, Y/N.-

With that, you slink out the apartment as quietly as possible.