Lullaby 22

Jaebum arrived at the cafe with a box, a shortcake for Jackson as he decided to be cheesy for him. Jinyoung greeted the other, while Hyungwon greeted him normally however his boyfriend have ran over to Jaebum to check out the box. "Are you proposing to him?!" Wonho asks excitedly, and Jaebum laughs, his cheeks slightly reddening. 

Not he was embarrassed. But, quite pleased. He wants to marry Jackson, hell, propose to him overall. But, he decided to wait, as they only been together for a few months. Honestly, they will be both too busy to have a wedding. 

"No. Not yet," Jaebum smiled cheekily and Wonho awed. "I want to be flower boy!" Wonho yelled, and Hyungwon laughed. "You will be the jester for the kings to tolerate," Hyungwon says with a small laugh, and Jinyoung laughed. Wonho pouted, "Then we will be a joke together, since you're my boyfriend." 

"Where's Jackson?" Jaebum instantly noticed his lover's absence, and Jinyoung nodded towards the back. "Outside, taking out the trash-" 

A bang was heard outside, causing everything to fall silent. It seems to be like a horror movie - a crash of something falling was the judge silencing everyone within the room. It seemed to click in Jaebum's mind, and he let go of the box onto the counter, his feet taking him outside within seconds. The pulsing worry in his mind causing adrenaline to energize him.

Jackson was on the floor, the silver trash can fallen beside him while trash littered onto the floor. Jackson helplessly covering his face, while the masked have beaten up with relentless kicks. Wrath have taken over Jaebum, and instantly took action by the sight of his lover as the weak. 

A fist collided with the culprit's face, Jinyoung have followed Jaebum behind and came to Jackson's aid. Hyungwon and Wonho also following after. Jackson wasn't speaking, only trembling as he held his head, Jinyoung tried to comfort him while Hyungwon quickly dialed the police. 

'Buddy' and Jaebum clashed with their bloody fists, bruises newly forming on their flesh. Wonho have joined, and grabbed Buddy, throwing him against the floor. His own foot slamming against his stomach, causing the other to gasp in pain, the oxygen lacking by the impact. Adrenaline from his wrath have caused him to tremble, ruthlessly, Jaebum have given extra punches and kicks to the culprit. 

It seemed so fast to Jackson. Fast as though he was in a car ride, but dark and silent as the night. He can't seem to focus on anything. Not saying a word either, as he couldn't comprehend any words. Jinyoung tried to get answers from him, his tone worried, but to Jackson it seemed like a blur. The starry night was causing him to remain silent, the stars staring back with fading light. 

He doesn't know what was happening. He felt paralyzed. 

Surely, he felt the pain, but it was all numb. He couldn't think. He wanted to cry, even scream. But, he couldn't. As though a needle threaded his mouth shut, his lips were tightly pressed while his tongue tasteless of words, as he couldn't taste anything to form any speech.

"Jaebum! He has enough!" Wonho yelled over the blaring sirens that have arrived, the tension within the event was unbearable. Causing Jinyoung and Hyungwon to panic, but fortunately the authorities have arrived in a matter of minutes. Wonho held Jaebum, preventing him from letting out all his anger on the other that remained on the floor, bleeding. Authorities took the culprit, several of them questioning everyone. 

Jackson was with the ambulance, a blanket hugging him while his eyes remained to be empty. Jinyoung was sitting beside him, Wonho and Jaebum speaking to police while Hyungwon spoke with Kihyun on the phone. The paramedic asked Jackson any questions, however he remained silent. He seemed dazed, and broken. 

Jaebum ran over to Jackson, Wonho following behind. Jaebum kneel down in front of him, taking his hands, and questioning if he was okay. He leaned over and kissed his head, repeatedly, squeezing his hands tightly. He was only thinking of himself at the moment.