Capítulo Dieciséis

Chapter 16

I had no idea where I was, or what the hell was going on, but what I did know, was that I was being kidnapped.

...again.

It was kind of ironic if you think about it because, in most horror movies, the scenario often played out like this.

So, it was clear that I was either getting kidnapped by twin clowns or a man with twenty-three to twenty-four distinct personalities.

Both of which, are not very pleasing.

But I knew Arsen would come. I just knew it.

He always came.

Damnit, he had to come.

I had a really uneasy feeling that I was in a car. In the trunk of a car.

I wasn't claustrophobic or anything, but I definitely didn't like being stuck in a tiny compartment knowing I wasn't somewhere good.

It was horrible.

Also, it kept bumping up and down. And the blindfolds and ropes holding me together were not helping. At all!

I had gained consciousness after what I can only guess is twenty or twenty-five minutes ago. And I had a killer headache.

The kind where you feel like your head is going to explode and you're going to be alive while that happens.

Actually, ew. That's gross.

I think the guy hit me in the head with a steel ball, the size of this earth. Because the pain wasn't exactly what you'd call calming.

I just wanted out. And I was tired of laying down on my back in the most uncomfortable position. My hands were tied behind me, and they were digging into my back painfully.

It was so painful. Everywhere, actually, was painful.

And it was super annoying.

Eventually, whatever I was in stopped moving, and it was stopped for about a decade or something because nobody came to get me for a long time.

Finally, however, the darkness that was caging my mind became a little less dim, and it was the same feeling you'd get from a flashlight shining on closed eyes.

I also heard the click of something opening, and that's what I'm assuming is the trunk's door.

The person who'd opened the door grabbed my right forearm, very aggressively, and hauled me out, in a very, very extreme manner.

I was out, though, and the rude person had managed to get me on my feet, and places I didn't even know existed were aching.

A lot.

They also yanked on the blindfold, so hard that my hair pulled along with it. Thankfully, I don't think any of my short strands came out.

The light that came after the blindfold was taken off...was blinding. In fact, I had to blink about twenty-thousand times just to get adjusted to it.

I did get adjusted, ultimately, and I managed to take in my surroundings, too.

We were in the middle of nowhere.

Literally.

In fact, we were nowhere in the middle of nowhere.

The car had been parked in front of two huge black gates, that were standing in between me and a very huge mansion. It was so big that I couldn't think of any words to describe it.