Capítulo Cincuenta

A/n: That's Kade at the top, played by eXtReMeLy hot model, Oliver Svejstrup Brynnum: also, Kade and Ace are the only blonde's in the gang, and Don was too, but he's...well, you know.

Chapter 50 - HELL YEAH, WE REACHED FIVE-ZERO, GUYS. Finally.

I blow out a puff of air from my mouth, the January atmosphere seemingly still hung up on December, describing my mood perfectly.

This weather's going to go on for a while. I sigh.

Eight months and twelve days left.

Christmas was boring, but then again, I was never really included in the celebrations back home.

Antonio was an ass, like always, and my mother was "sick", as she brazenly put it.

"Are you planning on coming inside?" The kind lady who owns this place asks, and I look up, smiling at her and shaking my head.

I'm sitting at a nice, cozy little cafe downtown. I didn't want to go inside since the news was on, and unfortunately, police are still investigating about me, Emma, Vicky and where we're at.

"Do you want a refill, dearie? You seem cold," The lady asks again, a strange look across her face. I narrow my eyes.

"Have we met before?" I mumble, burying my mouth into the neckline of the only hoodie Arsen left behind.

It smells of him.

She smiles at me. "No, dearie. But you're on the news," She points out. I freeze.

"Uh...you--?"

"It's alright, there's no point in me freaking out if you're not causing any of us harm!" She laughs politely, ignoring my protests and pouring some more coffee into the mug.

"I'm not exactly..." I decided to stop myself, grateful she isn't making a scene.

"Never you mind, dearie, you seem lost. Think of the refill as a little gift of kindness. You're welcome here anytime you like!" She says.

I feel like crying at how kind she's being, but deep down, I know she's only showing hospitality in fear of me killing her.

"Thank you very much, ma'am," I mumble, instantly remembering my Gramma Lottie.

"No problem!" She replies cheerily, and turns back into the shop, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Taking a deep breath, I lift the mug to my mouth and continue the deep thinking.

Why can't I just forget any of this ever happened and go back to my sad, depressing high school life?

Oh, right. That's why.

And now, I can't stop even if I have to. It's in my blood.

"Xanthe."

I look up and meet Shanaya's eyes as she lowers herself into the chair in front of me.

Not many people are sat outside - actually, none at all. It's just us two. But there's plenty walking by in a hurry, and if any of them notice us two, it's over.

Especially those with newspapers tucked under their arms.

"I need something from you," I say, looking down. I can almost see the snarky smile on her face.

When I look up, though, I'm surprised there's no smile at all. She's just...monotone.

"You need to know where Arsen is, don't you?" She asks, the usual, sassy glint not visible in her eyes.